Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter and her hormones are about to kill me (PIOG)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

My 9.5 started puberty about 2 years ago. It started with severe acne and her little buttons. Now she's acting like she is pms-ing bad. I bought her a pair of shorts for summer and Saturday morning I wanted her to try them on in case they didn't fit. It was a meltdown. She did NOT want to put them on. She bawled and screamed like a baby not getting a toy at the store or something.  The last 6 months or so she has really been trying my patience with her whiny attitude. She's mean to her brother and sister, stays in her room, throws a fit when we make her do something. Just something simple like going grocery shopping she starts crying. I don't know what to do. I'm at my wits end. I know it's hormones but I'm not ready for all this. Anyone have any advice?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Sandyr911
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Midol....slip her some when it gets bad.  When mine was getting to the point of it getting that out of hand I did and it seemed to help.

May need to have her hormone levels checked as well if its just crazy out of hand.

kidkrazyinAK
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I go through this on a daily basis...my best advice is to pick your battles. It's not worth it to fight over every little thing.

anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Thanks. Usually I just let her go unless she's bothering her siblings or me. I just tell her to go to room and cry in there. She is going to an endocrinologist next month. Her dr is suspecting her of having insulin resistance due to PCOS (which I have). They can't really test for PCOS until she has an AF but I wonder if they can do other tests.

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I agree with the op, have her hormones checked. My daughter started her period at 10. I truly know what you are going thru. If you need someone to vent pm me.

anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM

I'm hoping they are going to check them at the endo next month along with her insulin levels.

Quoting Sandy418:

I agree with the op, have her hormones checked. My daughter started her period at 10. I truly know what you are going thru. If you need someone to vent pm me.

Dodgermommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I wish...my oldest went through this in a minor way around the same age but my middle dd is 9 and going through this same phase about 100x's worse then my oldest.  She is testing my patience to no end.  She has always been my antagonizer but now...oh vey!!!!  I am just trying to be much much much more patient!!!

anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM

My 4 yo acts like she is pms-ing all the time. She is super sensitive and cries and whines about everything. She is going to be bad.

Quoting Dodgermommy:

I wish...my oldest went through this in a minor way around the same age but my middle dd is 9 and going through this same phase about 100x's worse then my oldest.  She is testing my patience to no end.  She has always been my antagonizer but now...oh vey!!!!  I am just trying to be much much much more patient!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)