Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What will be in your kid's Easter basket?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
  • 31 Replies

My oldest daughter's birthday is about a week before Easter, so the baskets will be light this year. We are going to get them Build-a-Bear bunnies, 'Tangled' and a small (very small) basket of candy each.

What will be in your child's basket this year?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world."
-Richard Dawkins
"He who knows best knows how little he knows."
-Thomas Jefferson

"The sky would be boring if all the clouds looked the same"
 -My daughter

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my_three_sons
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 AM

My boys baskets will be full of fruit.  The older 2 will get money in theirs to spend at Kings Dominion and the 4 yr old will get some crayons and an activity book. 

No candy for my boys.....I know, I'm a mean mom!

futuremilf831
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:49 AM
Dollar Tree basket, dollar tree coloring books, dollar tree crayons, dollar tree stuffed animals, fruit snacks, and rice krispie treats. No candy! She has way too much energy anyways!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stinkerbelle28
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM
My kids are getting spring canvas tennis shoes, t-shirts, some small toys from the dollar bins and then DD will get a tangled doll and ds will get a megamind game for his ds. I might also get them a zhu zhu pet and same crayons and coloring books, just depends n how much $ I have to work with. Oh and they get a chocolate bunny and mini eggs.
nemiller
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM

A lot of outdoor toys, and a few snack-size candies that I will promptly confiscate and give him here and there.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM

small plastic easter cups bounncy balls candy and maybe a small trinket or two

windi85
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:53 AM
I have no clue except a pillow pet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MirandaPage
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:54 AM

My mother-in-law does Easter baskets for all her grandkids, it's usually candy, bubbles, coloring book and some sort of little toy. We take the kids to a community Easter egg hunt where all the eggs are filled with candy. We may do a egg hunt in our back yard this year.

jaytee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Candy, money, dollar bin toys, bubbles, crayons, books
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM

they will get flip flops cover up for dd and a bathing suit or 2/3 -- ss will get the same but he won't get a cover up -- dd's bday is 9 days before easter and ss's bday is 3 days after then a wk after his bday we are going away for their bday celebration -- so i am not all that sure as to put in the baskets....things that i know they are going to need for their get away for sure

mackiebugsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:57 AM
Outside toys ( chalk, jump roap, bubbles) for the older one and books for both girls. They also both get a stuffed bunny :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)