Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you tell your BF?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM
  • 18 Replies

My best friend has an ongoing heart problem. A few weeks ago she needed to be shocked with the paddles four times to try to correct the way her heart was beating (she was in afib) It didn't work. The issue was her thyroid was gone crazy and they at the time had no idea why.

Okay so a few days ago I had a dream, this was two weeks after her heart shocking (which i was there for). I had a dream her husband told he she had died. I was mad that I was not there with her and he told me its because she was not in town. He said she had died from heart complications. The dream was very vivid and it even woke me up and I fully remembered it which is not normal for me. I usually only remember my bear dreams.

So the very next day my friend calls me and starts explaining they got the results of her tests on her thyroid and It turns out she has graves disease and the only 'cure' is to irradiate her thyroid and kill it then take replacement hormones the rest of her life. But the thing is, they told her she had to be off her meds which can make her heart have issues and as well once they irradiate her thyroid her body might freak out again and her heart might react. The thing that scares me most is she has to have this done in another city, 3 and a half hours away and I can't be there.

Would you tell your best friend about your dream? It's seriously bothering me.

... imagine a puddle waking up one morning and
thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an
interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it?
In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me
in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky
and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and
smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.
Douglas Adams

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamabeth520
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 AM
No. She's going through enough. If you believe, pray. Otherwise just be there as much as you can and support her. I honestly think telling her a dream might just freak her out.
Btw. They say you remember a dream only if you wake up before the dream is finished. If you complete a dream, you aren't supposed to remember it...and if you do, it wouldn't be vivid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nemiller
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM

No.  She's got enough on her plate.  I'd focus on just being there for her any way I could and keep the dream to myself.

acaisha
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Okay first off how can a dream.. "finish"? And second yes it can be vivid even if its not "finished" vivid means real..I used to suffer from vivid dreams all the time, they involve the senses (smell, taste, hearing, etc like the phone ringing in your dream and you wake up thinking it is) and when you wake up you are confused if they were real or not. I also wonder who "they" are.

Quoting mamabeth520:

No. She's going through enough. If you believe, pray. Otherwise just be there as much as you can and support her. I honestly think telling her a dream might just freak her out.
Btw. They say you remember a dream only if you wake up before the dream is finished. If you complete a dream, you aren't supposed to remember it...and if you do, it wouldn't be vivid.

... imagine a puddle waking up one morning and
thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in - an
interesting hole I find myself in - fits me rather neatly, doesn't it?
In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me
in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky
and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and
smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise.
Douglas Adams

JordansMama2003
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I don't think I would tell her. Either way, there is nothing she can do about having to get the procedure done. I am really sorry for your friend though. I know how hard it is to watch someone you love have poor health. My Mom just had an ablation done b/c her heart was going to Afib rhythm. Now, they think she might have had a stroke during that period. 

I hope things go well... 

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 AM

If she is a good enough friend, you should be able to tell her your fears. Even though she does have a lot going on, you should be able to include yourself in putting up an opinion for what she may or may not do. That does not mean she has to do what you suggest or take what you say as what she decides to do. But you should still be able to tell her. Tell her about your dream and how this treatment scares you. Since in the end that is more what your dream was about, losing her and not being there. Good luck, and just because you dream something doesn't mean it will be true. :)

barnwell84
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Probably not, but tell her that you will keep her with you always.  I send you my mommy support for guidance.

trishasjunebug
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:57 AM

I wouldn't tell her, you will end up really freaking her out. I'd just keep the dream to yourself and pray that everything goes alright for her. There really isn't anything you can do but to be supportive and pray for the best outcome for her. Hang in there, I've had horrible vivid dreams as well that involved loved ones dying and none of them died yet, I think I was just worried so much about them that I had those dreams. They are so scary though!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

.Sugaree.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Wow!! I've had some dreams where I see future things happening and wonder if I should say or do anything to help or prevent things but they never actually end up happening, thank god!! But I always wonder "what if"....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I think I would express my worries but not tell her about the dream. My sister has had the same procedure and made it through without complications, but she didn't have the same heart problems.

spastic_poodle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM
I would, I think dreams can mean a lot. Can you go with her to the appointment 3 hours away?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)