Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be concerned if you saw a cop at an amusement type place?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM
  • 16 Replies

I was reading the Check E.Cheese post and the OP was concerned because an officer was at the door.  My dad works at a place like that on the weekends providing security.  He's in uniform the whole time and really enjoys it.  He walks around and keeps an eye on things, checks the parking lot, runs off loiterers, etc.  He walks around and mingles with kids and families, gives out tokens for the games (always asks the parents first!) and the kids really get a kick out of talking to a real police officer. The parents love the added security of having a police officer there.  They never have any trouble, no fights or anything like that.  I like taking the boys up there because he's there and its a really safe environment.  Parents have actually told him that they would be back because they liked the fact that he was there.  I never thought that it could be seen as something to cause concern or make people think they had problems. 

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluesky51201
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM

bump!

Mama07Shorty
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM

I never thought of it that way either, I just always liked amusment places that had the extra security incase god forbid something ever did happen

coug7099
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM

I would be happy that they were going above and beyond to keep people safe. If it was still a dangerous place I would not go back.

monshine2
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM

No, I know they are almost always there to deter troublemakers .vs there to handle trouble already happening.

Country_Momma89
I agree.

Quoting Mama07Shorty:

I never thought of it that way either, I just always liked amusment places that had the extra security incase god forbid something ever did happen

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
busybaytownmom
This. I just look at it as an extra benefit to where I'm taking my kiddos.

Quoting Mama07Shorty:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2_two
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM

My DH sometimes takes jobs doing security for banks. I always felt better when I worked at banks with security.

chrismom0306
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM

With kids running around all over the place, who knows who is lurking through all the chaos. it was would be added comfort for me to know they would have a harder time with extra security there. 

futuremilf831
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Nope. It's not like I have a kilo of cocaine in my purse. But seriously, I wouldn't be concerned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
A_Renee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 AM
I like having extra security.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)