Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you a sahm ?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM
  • 100 Replies

Have you always wanted to be or is it just a necessity ?

I saw a post on here a week or so ago and I was shocked at the number of women who said being home was lonley , depressing etc,,,,,

I have always wanted to be a sahm and we can afford for me to be , b ut if we couldn't I would have to go to work , but I wouldn't like it one bit ..lol. I love being home . It's always fun and exciting , never a dull moment ( well okay cleaning and laundry are not that fun ..lol ) .

If it isn't as exciting to you - why ? Are you considering going back to work ?

Just waiting for some ever exciting laundry to finish up , thought this would kill some time :)

CafeMom Tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RheaF
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:01 AM

I am a SAHM, because this is where DH and I feel I need to be.

jjones0461
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM
I live being a SAHM. I wouldn't change a thing. I do get bored somedays but there is usually plenty going on to keep me busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:02 AM

It was the best choice for our kids. I love being here for them, but it's lonely sometimes and monotonous. I deal with it because I know that what I am doing for our family is the right thing to do.

bluesky51201
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Because I want to be a SAHM and DH can support our family on his income.  I love being at home and taking care of things.  I don't have to worry about shuffling around if one of them gets sick and I can go to all of their school things. 

ChelseySpelsey
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM
I'm a SAHM because this is what we decided was best for us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifenmom09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I'm a SAHM because my son had some major issues after birth.

I'm getting a divorce so I will be going back to work.

MamaCass1219

Quoting jjones0461:

I live being a SAHM. I wouldn't change a thing. I do get bored somedays but there is usually plenty going on to keep me busy.

Ii feel the same way . The fun days far out number the bored ones ...lol . Plus it's not actually boredom ,  I mean there is plenty I could be doing ...lol :)

CafeMom Tickers

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM

I am only a SAHM this year with my DS (10 mos) and DD (4). I have enjoyed it a LOT, but will need to return to making an income. I enjoy my work, and DD will be starting Kindergarten too. I plan to return to teaching for the upcoming school year.

rileysmommy229

i have always wanted to be a stay at home mom  and i do love it most days...BUT when my kids are in school i will be going to work!

staceyjoy
I've always wanted to be one and luckily my DH always wanted me to.

I live in the country and there aren't any other SAHM's around so yes I do get lonely for adult interaction sometimes but it's totally worth it!

When the kids are both in school I plan to pick up some charity work and maybe a pampered chef job to help get me out and more involved.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)