Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter keeps saying she is seeing people that aren't there....she's creeping me out. *Added picture*

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
  • 40 Replies

So about 2 nights ago, DD (3.5) was laying in bed and was supposed to be sleeping. As I posted before, we were having a flea problem in her room, so she had to sleep in my bed that night. I put her in bed, then I decided to clean up before I went to bed. I was almost finished until DD said she needed to go potty. So I lifted her up over the baby gate and let her go potty. Then she came back and as I was tucking her back in she kept smiling really big saying, "There's a girl in the house! See? She has eyes, ears, nose, a mouth, hair, arms legs, feet, and hands!". I was like..."........what?". She said again with a big smile, "There a girl in the house!". I said "..........where?". She pointed to the doorway, "Right there!". I was freaked out, but just brushed it off and figured she was just messing around.

Then, yesterday before leaving for church she kept pointing at the babys' play area saying, "There's my friends!". Her daddy, aka my DH, was talking to her this time. He said "Oh really? What do they look l like?" She said, "One is a boy and one is a girl. One has red hair like me and the other has brown hair!". Daddy said "Do they talk to you?". She said yeah. Her daddy asked what they say. She said "They say, Zoey! They keep saying my name!", then she just stared at that spot for a couple minutes, not smiling or anything, just stared. I decided it was time to leave then cause she was freaking me out again. lol. I am thinking/hoping she is just being silly and making this up.

This is where she said she saw the boy and the girl. I can't take a picture of where she said she just saw a girl, DH is sleeping in there right now. lol. Yes, the baby has A LOT of toys in there right now...she just had a birthday so..lol.

My daughter, Zoey. I never thought anything of it before, but she wakes up SCREAMING at night saying she is scared. She keeps saying there's a ghost in her closet. So I walk over to her closet and just say out loud "Go away ghost!!". That would make her feel better. I don't know if she was just dreaming or if she really saw something.....there have been times where she wasn't even sleeping yet and she would call me into her room and say the ghost is in her closet.

Can someone give me a link to one of those other groups??

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zoeysmommy1023
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:32 AM

BUMP!

sinnamyn310
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM
How old is your DD? My DD did almost the same thing when she was about 2.5. She'd be talking randomly, and when we asked her who she was talking to she would tell us she was talking to "Scary." We moved about a year later, and we still don't know if it was an imaginary friend or something else entirely. DD hasn't done it since we moved out of that house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Kim on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM

How old is she?  My DD used to have an imaginary friend that she would carry on full one-sided conversations with.  It abruptly ended at about age 5.  Maybe your DD is psychic or maybe just imaginary.

activitymode
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM
I don't encourage imaginary friends. I think they are creepy... Luckily we have never had those issues and I hope we never do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zoeysmommy1023
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM

She is 3.5. We have lived in this house for about 2 years now and never experienced anything out of the ordinary. There was only one small thing, I was standing at the sink doing dishes and I swear I felt somebody touch my back. It could have just been my shirt moving, but it felt like somebody touched me. I thought it was DH, but he was sleeping. Scared the crap out of me.

Quoting sinnamyn310:

How old is your DD? My DD did almost the same thing when she was about 2.5. She'd be talking randomly, and when we asked her who she was talking to she would tell us she was talking to "Scary." We moved about a year later, and we still don't know if it was an imaginary friend or something else entirely. DD hasn't done it since we moved out of that house.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM

WOW...Take care..I'd find out the history of that house..

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:36 AM

umm, wow! to be honest, thats awesome! kids can see ghosts. my son did when we lived at my parents house. if they aren't hurting her, or shes not scared of them, i wouldn't worry about it too much.

when my son a baby, we would be sitting on the couch and he would stare at one corner of the living room and laugh! nothing there. he did this until we moved out. also when we would try and move him around, to look the other direction, he would strain his kneck to keep looking over there. im assuming its my grandfather b/c he and my grandmother built that house. it was the first house that road. my parents have been living there for almost 45 years. i think its pretty cool!

babygurl6162008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM
I dont know what to tell you but there is a haunting group on this site maybe one of they ladies there can help u find out whats going on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zoeysmommy1023
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM

I think they are creepy too. She goes to church and has one particular girl that she gets along with really well, I am thinking of seeing if the mother wants to do play dates for them to avoid her getting an imaginary friend.

Quoting activitymode:

I don't encourage imaginary friends. I think they are creepy... Luckily we have never had those issues and I hope we never do.

LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM

sometimes that doesn't make much of a difference. my cousins 4 yr old has a playdate almost every day, and she has an imaginary friend. she calls her peanut. idk why..lol

Quoting Zoeysmommy1023:

I think they are creepy too. She goes to church and has one particular girl that she gets along with really well, I am thinking of seeing if the mother wants to do play dates for them to avoid her getting an imaginary friend.

Quoting activitymode:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)