Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and eating.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM
  • 12 Replies
Well basically my 3 yr 3 mo dd, the last couple weeks this kids is starting to way me out of house and home. Before we had the hardest time getting her to eat anything. What's going on?! Yesterday she ate 2 granola bars, 2 slices of toast, a kids sized bowl if oatmeal, 3 sausage links, 3 mandarin oranges, a cereal bowl of doritoes, a kids sized bowl of animal crackers, a kid sized bowl of tuna hotdish, a half of peanut butter sandwich and milk, water and some juice throughout the day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
highbridgemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Growth spurt I would guess. LOL

My boys usually do that, then shoot up a couple inches at a time.  Eat everything in sight, sleep more than average, and then need new pants LOL

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM

lol Sounds like my kids.  They're 9 & just about 3....they eat more than we do most days lol  Can't imagine what my grocery bill is going to be when they're teenagers :S

malissaL
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:37 AM

LOL you took the words right out of my...fingertips..

Quoting highbridgemom:

My boys usually do that, then shoot up a couple inches at a time.  Eat everything in sight, sleep more than average, and then need new pants LOL

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

deek3579
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM
I am just not used to her eating so much!

Quoting malissaL:

LOL you took the words right out of my...fingertips..

Quoting highbridgemom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deek3579
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:39 AM
That's what I said about my ds!

Quoting CeeGee81:

lol Sounds like my kids.  They're 9 & just about 3....they eat more than we do most days lol  Can't imagine what my grocery bill is going to be when they're teenagers :S

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Be happy she is eating!!!! Its a struggle to get either of my kids (DD is 3, DS is 20 months) to eat any meal through the day. A couple bites of cereal here, a bite or two of fruit there... some milk and juice, maybe a couple bites of a granola bar... I don't know how they survive day to day on eating so little food!! Today, they barely shared a small bowl of cereal and I'm making them each 3 chicken nuggets for lunch (usually with a side of fresh fruit) and I'll be lucky if they each eat just one nugget... :( they both will eat their 3 o'clock snack, then they both usually refuse dinner. Why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Growth spurt! Both of my kiddos eat like horses and trip over their own feet right before a growth spurt.

highbridgemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Just wait...

I have 12 yr old and 10 yr old who each eat more in a sitting than DH and I combined. 

deek3579
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:42 PM
That's the way my dd was. I was afraid she was going to die of starvation! (not because I didn't offer but because she wouldn't eat) Just wait, one day she'll wake up and you'll be wondering where she's putting it all!

Quoting tairakittie:

Be happy she is eating!!!! Its a struggle to get either of my kids (DD is 3, DS is 20 months) to eat any meal through the day. A couple bites of cereal here, a bite or two of fruit there... some milk and juice, maybe a couple bites of a granola bar... I don't know how they survive day to day on eating so little food!! Today, they barely shared a small bowl of cereal and I'm making them each 3 chicken nuggets for lunch (usually with a side of fresh fruit) and I'll be lucky if they each eat just one nugget... :( they both will eat their 3 o'clock snack, then they both usually refuse dinner. Why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deek3579
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:44 PM
I think that's what's going to happen with my ds.... I might have to take out a second mortgage just to feed him.

Quoting highbridgemom:

Just wait...

I have 12 yr old and 10 yr old who each eat more in a sitting than DH and I combined. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)