Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about car payments, possible stolen car!! Help!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM
  • 28 Replies
First is my question, how long can you go without paying your car payment befor the bank repos your car? Im asking because this AM we woke up and saw FILS truck is gone, but FIL was still in bed when hubby called him (we live next door, share a driveway).. They think the bank took it because his LAST car payment was due in January and he hasnt had money to pay it yet. Yes, last as in FINAL car payment. But MIL said she talked to the bank about it already and they said its fine, yet MIL and FIL dont think anyone stole the truck. Heres the deal, we live in what hubby and I call "the compound" or "the Bat cave" lol, 1 large property with 4 houses, surrounded by a fence, need a code to get in the front gate, or use the call box. So if the bank took it how the hell did they get in? We didnt let em in, neither did FIL or MIL. Soooo, Im confused..lol.. Trucks still gone,still no clue where it is..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashellbell
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM
Call the police. If it was repo'd they'd know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alaiynasmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:10 PM

most likely repo'ed

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM
Have y'all reported the car stolen yet? If it was repo'ed the cops will be able to determine that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Missy.C.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM

They can take it if it is only a week late if they want, they are super sneeky, I am sure they took it..they have to tell you where it is and let you get anything out of it and give you the chance to pay what you owe if you can.

WifeyC
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:12 PM

If the repo people can't get in, how can anyone get in to take the truck?

kristy0833
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM

call the bank and ASK if they took it..

MaryLu86
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Probably a repo... Most places only give you a month or 2 at most before they come get it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhianonmat
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:15 PM

If he was that late on the payment... then yeah.  They probably repo'd it.   Call the bank and find out. 

Then call the police and report it stolen. 

Honestly... I'm kinda shocked that no one's reported it, yet.   I would have called the cops first thing. 

P.V.Hawkwind
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Quoting kristy0833:

call the bank and ASK if they took it..

I think  after 3 months they can repo it.

rhianonmat
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:17 PM

As for how they got in to get it... all they had to do is drive in behind someone who opened the gate and drove through.  We used to do it ALL THE TIME when we visited a friend in a gated complex.

It's not rocket science.  You just pull to the side until someone drives up to the code-box... then pull in behind them when the gate moves.  Easy-peasy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)