Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with girls.. Bangs question!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:21 PM
  • 55 Replies
When did you first cut your DDs hair and give her bangs? Got any pics I can see? My 11 month old has crazy long hair in the front thats always in her face if I dont put it up, but Im scared to cut her bangs!! My oldest DD had the same crazy hair and I just delt with it and put it up all the time and she would rip all the hair ties and clips out and damaged her hair so I dont want that to happen again but Im scared she will look silly..help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

my dd has never had bangs. 

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM
bummmmp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
liveforever
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:33 PM

my dd never had bangs....she has this wonderful cowlick smack in the center of her hairline (up front) that makes her hair shoot off to the side so it was never in her eyes.

but bumping for you!

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM

My dd is 4 and she has never had bangs.

mrs.searle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM

My daughter doesn't have bangs it just swoops to the side and I pin it back with a bow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM
Ahhhh thanks for all the non help.. lol..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM

I never cut my daughters hair at all, when they got old enough in their 20"s they chose to cut it them selves.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Thats what I do with my 4 year old, but my 11 month old likes to pull bows or hair ties out

Quoting mrs.searle:

My daughter doesn't have bangs it just swoops to the side and I pin it back with a bow.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MelisaAnderson
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM
My oldest dd has never had bangs.. my fil got my youngest dd's hair cut once with bangs.. It was aweful! Took forever for them to grow back out...her hair always falls down in her face, so he thought bangs would be better... They werent! Its more than just the front part that falls down in her face... Its much easier to just put it all up in a pony tail...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelabitner
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM

if you just wait and let it grow out longer it will start to frame her face perfectly! try to get her excited about clips...sit in front of a mirror with her and put all kinds of clips and pony's in eachothers hair. let her play around with them and put them on you. we had no luck with hair accessories until recently at 2.5 so she learned how to push her hair out of her eyes and now that it has grown out, it's just perfect for her face. plus they grow a few new layers of hair in the front...so they get a new set of bangs after the last set grow out. my dd is on her like 3rd set of bangs that just naturally grew in.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)