Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should I do? *some language*

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • 16 Replies

I will try to keep this as short as I possibly can. 

My sister is 12 years old and a major spoiled b*tch (Her name is Jewl).  Before I get bashed for saying that, she really is.  She throws temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way, threatens to throw my brother (11 years old) down the stairs and is generally unpleasant to be around.  But nevertheless, she's my sister and I love her.

She is supposedto be in my wedding in July.  However, I told her on Saturday (when we went looking at bridesmaid dresses) that if she continues with her attitude, she will not be in my wedding.  Jewl said that was fine, and she would behave. 

Well, last night I get a call from my mom who is sobbing.  Jewl and her had another fight.  This time, she shoved my mom at the top of the stairs.  Luckily, it was towards the hallway and not down the stairs (make sense?).  Why did they get into a fight?  My Mom finally grew a pair and grounded my sister.  Which means no TV, cell, and *gasp* facebook. 

I am tired of Jewl thinking that she can get away with whatever she wants and there not to be any consiquences.  She is outof my wedding.  No if's, ands or buts about it.  However, I don't know how to bring up the subject.  I live 50 miles from them so I can't just stop over.  But I don't think I should do it over the phone.  I just know that I have to tell her today. 

Thanks for listening, and any advice you may have.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heathercook78
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Just don't tell her near any stairwells! OP, I have no real advice, I'd probably do the same thing. She needs to be brought down a notch or two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SapphireMomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Quoting heathercook78:

Just don't tell her near any stairwells! OP, I have no real advice, I'd probably do the same thing. She needs to be brought down a notch or two.

It just sucks that I can't have my sister in my wedding, kwim?  She does need to be brought down a notch or twenty.  I told my mom last night that I was too perfect when I was a teen, I didn't prepare her for this LOL.

koolmom343
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Sounds like she has some major issues, damn........I would just tell her, she broke her word to you and she needs to know there are consequences for her actions.

MamaBloom777
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Well, if you definitely want to tell her today and you don't want to do it over the phone...then do you have time to make the 50 mile drive to her house?  Maybe take her out of the house environment (like to a park or something) and really level with her.  Tell her exactly how you feel about how she's acting & if she wants to act like a child, then fine...but you're not having a child be a bridesmaid in your wedding.  She needs to grow up ASAP!  12 is way too old to still be throwing tantrums! 

SapphireMomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Exactly.  She needs to realize that it's not all about her.  

Quoting koolmom343:

Sounds like she has some major issues, damn........I would just tell her, she broke her word to you and she needs to know there are consequences for her actions.

SapphireMomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Quoting MamaBloom777:

Well, if you definitely want to tell her today and you don't want to do it over the phone...then do you have time to make the 50 mile drive to her house?  Maybe take her out of the house environment (like to a park or something) and really level with her.  Tell her exactly how you feel about how she's acting & if she wants to act like a child, then fine...but you're not having a child be a bridesmaid in your wedding.  She needs to grow up ASAP!  12 is way too old to still be throwing tantrums! 

I couldn't agree more.  I'm going to have to do it over the phone...gas is expensive. :(

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM

This is great advice.. rare on cafemom <--haha thats a joke

Quoting MamaBloom777:

SapphireMomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Quoting brettsmomma:

This is great advice.. rare on cafemom <--haha thats a joke

Quoting MamaBloom777:

Haha, it is kind of rare to get good advice...but I don't have many IRL people to talk to about all of this. 

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM

lol well its one of the other, either drive out there or don't. I dont think it will really matter. 

highbridgemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I agree with what the others have said.  She needs to know that her actions have consequences.

As a mom of a 12 yr old, I can not even IMAGINE him acting that way!  I suppose I am spoiled with good kids.  My 12 yr old is still a butt at times (He's 12..lol)  but never to that point. And I'm sorry, but if he ever EVER laid a hand on me, it would NOT go over well.  I hope she was punished for shoving your mom like that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)