Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have a cleaning routine? Piog

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

If so what is it? I don't have one, but I think it would be beneficial.

Mommy to 3 little  girls, step mom to 1 little boy and wife to my soldier.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deminika
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM

bump bump bumpity bump

BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I have one - I do the laundry and dishes Monday - I sweep the kitchen floor and the counters the sink the stove and swiffer the foyer all monday - i put laundry away from the weeknd and whatever laundry i do monday

tuesday I clean the kitchen table (oil it) and i clean the bookshelf; the end table the ottoman and the try the entertainment center i vaccuum upstairs all the rugs- and i wash all the blankets

Wednesday - i do the upstairs bathroom and i move downstairs - I wash everything in the upstairs bathroom and i clean all dd's bath toys - i vaccum upstairs again and i do the kitchen floor (sweep and swiffer) then downsairs i normally clean the kids room - and make sure that all there things are put away where they should be (dd also helps)

Thursday i run errands bank/post office foods hopping (sometimes i switch this with wednesday lol

and friday i dust my room and vacuum i clean out the fridges and clean the inside of both of them - clean the tile downstairs by the slider - I do more laundry and i wash everythin in the downstairs bathroom - and i also clean the kitchen all over again and vacuun upstairs LOL

rheavener
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM

i dont have a routine, but i wish i did

Sagely
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Being that dh and I both work full time, I clean on weekends.

First, I start the laundry, which would be all clothes in the hamper, towels, and bed sheets.

While that's going, I clean the kitchen.

Switch load in washer to dryer, start a new load.

Clean bathrooms, dust furniture, wipe down dirtied surfaces.

Fold load #1, switch load from washer to dryer, start load #3.

Vacuum.

Fold load #2, switch load #3 from washer to dryer, start load #4.

Mop.

Fold load #3, switch load #4 from washer to dryer, start load #5.

And then it continues until the laundry is done.

That's generally my Saturday.  On Sunday I sweep the porch and deck, mow the lawn, and pull weeds and such.

pasteeater
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Yes I do, each week I write out a list for each day.  I have things I do on certain days and certain things I do every day.  It keeps my house nice and it keeps me on track.

mamivon2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:48 PM

After the kids are on the bus I clean the kitchen takes me like 15-20min, after that I was clothes if needed other wise I straighten up the livingroom.  My dh leaves for work at 9;30 I vaccum then.. make the bed..  Twice a week I clean the bathrooms, litter box..

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Yup, I see something that needs to be done and I do it  lol

I've tried a cleaning routine/schedule...it just doesn't work for me, I got too overwhelmed with it, esp if I didn't get something done in the allotted time I gave myself. And life happens, sometimes you just can't do certain things that you have planned to do.

livyla
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Yes,  every day i do laundry, dishes, vacum, sweep and mop,  i wipe down bathrooms and kitchen counters, appliances ect and anything else that needs it.

Monday is my big clean where I scrub and clean from top to bottom.. it is my day for washing bedding rugs, the bigger stuff.

momx21980
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I work outside the home on Mon., Weds., and Fri.  On Tuesday I do nothing really when it comes to cleaning.  On Thurs though is my good cleaning day.  Dusting, vacumming, clean countertops, sink, stove, floors, then I do the bathrooms we have 3)  I usually do this all during naptime with my little ones.  Of course I keep on laundry, dishes, trash all througout the week.  I will clean the bedrooms real good maybe once a month!  That usually happens though with everyone in the house on like a Sat. afternoon.

savedbygrace316
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM

After I eat breakfast I start cleaning.  I do the living room while watching GMA.  Then work my way through the dinning room to the kitchen.  After the kitchen it's just odds and ends.  I don't clean after 11am (when I start lunch) unless the house is especially messy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)