Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walmart....should I say more?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • 28 Replies

Walmart doesnt seem to mind selling products months past their expiration date...

Clearance sticker....Im sure it was marked down because it was expired

Not expired and still full price....hmmm.....

A girl I know bought some of the clearanced Agent Cool Blue and realized it was expired (not just expired...but 9 months expired) when she got home. She called the store just to let them know. They gave her a "we dont care attitude". She then spoke to a manager who said it was on the shelf because he had "been on vacation for a few days" and would remove it immediately.

She went back up to the store to find it still on the shelves (expiration dates ranging from June to September 2010) So she pulled it all off her self and stuck it in a cart. The product had been recalled in the past due to the preservative in it not working properly and microorganisms grow after awhile. Her main concern was that it could make kids sick. When she spoke to the manager actually in the store about why it was still out...he had no good reasons and offered her a $25 gift card...which she refused.

Obvioulsy we should be checking expiration dates....but this is just bit much.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM

EWWWW I'd take that to the service desk too. That's just wrong. It's even worse they don't care.

I'm Kairi AND Kaden's mama now!!

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:26 PM

i see this all the time, esp at walmart. i check the dates on everything i buy.

sha-sha_mommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Oh wow thats crazy I never thought to check the expiration date on things like that but i sure will from now on
liveforever
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:30 PM

Quoting KairisMama:

EWWWW I'd take that to the service desk too. That's just wrong. It's even worse they don't care.

Thats what upset her the most. Its not like she even asked for her money back...she just wanted it off the shelves!

brettsmomma
by Tammie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I would call corporate!

ladyvamp5489
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Exactly!  I have never seen expired stuff in the walmart where i shop, But i have at target!  It all depends on the workers.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I would call corporate!

liveforever
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Its definitely an issue with the management...especially with how the manager "dealt" with the problem.

Quoting ladyvamp5489:

Exactly!  I have never seen expired stuff in the walmart where i shop, But i have at target!  It all depends on the workers.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I would call corporate!

Rhonda142
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Did she call corporate? Maybe the local news.

missmidlomom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Target is occassionally just as bad. Except complaining there gets you a handful of three dollar gift certificates and they dont cre if you take em. They feel like because they offered, theyve corrected the issue. Even though they have nothing to do with the issue

liveforever
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Quoting Rhonda142:

Did she call corporate? Maybe the local news.

Im not sure...she posted this on facebook this morning but hasnt given any updates yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)