Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK.....So i did it. I asked the abortion protesters......

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM
  • 31 Replies

Every week almost everyday on a nice day anyway there are 2 older ppl sitting out infront of a clinc that dose abortions and other womans health stuff. They sit out there holding this sign about the size of a reg sized door with a aborted fetus with the cord and blood and the baby is dead so its all discolored ect.

I fially pulled over and asked....

ME: Excuse me sir

MAN: Yes, hi my name is Harold

ME: Do you think that god with praise you or appriciate you holding this sign, judging ppl on their decision??

MAN: IN the bible it says stand up for those whom cant stand for them selves, so yes im doing gods work

ME: Do you think that children need to see this picture?

MAN: Oh well if they do, people are killing babies in there right now

ME: No thats a different day, Now i understand where you'r coming from but on the other hand i dont think that children need to see that kinda picture out on the stree corner My daughter is little and asked me what it was one day

WIFE OF MAN:WEll then you should have told her what it was

ME: your sick and showing off this picture makes me sick, i hope you burn in hell for judging ppl when its not your business, your not going to change ppl's minds from some picture

I understand where they are coming from they hold this pic for ppl to pay attention, cause he said nobody reads things! Which maybe thats true. But a child dont need to see that

A mother and her child were walking across the street, an other boy maybe 8 or 9 and the mother coverd his eyes as they walked by

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissLeanna
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM

A child really doesn't need to see it.

I would have said the same things.

I'm pro-choice but seriously the protesting with gross pictures is just a little overboard.

piwife
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:42 PM

am pro life, but i agree with you kids dont need to see that

paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I'm pro-life, but I don't think those signs need to be where kids can see them... they have fliers (sp) and things that for educational purposes... but I think by the time you are at the clinic, you are set in your choice and at that point only God himself would be able to change someones mind.

lyranightshade
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM

This, except I'm pro-choice.

By all means, try to sway a person prior to their decision being set. Do it in a nonjudgemental, compassionate way and you'll have more listen to you. But please, don't harrass women on an already awful day... a day that's awful for reasons you may never know or understand.

If they're already there, no outside influence is going to make them change their minds.

Quoting paigesmommy5264:

I'm pro-life, but I don't think those signs need to be where kids can see them... they have fliers (sp) and things that for educational purposes... but I think by the time you are at the clinic, you are set in your choice and at that point only God himself would be able to change someones mind.

tairakittie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM
I'm pro choice, and death is part of life, but kids do NOT need to see a pic of a dead aborted fetus. Period. A child wouldn't understand why someone would kill an unborn baby... I should not have to explain to my kids why there is a guy holding a giant picture of a dead baby. Not to mention all the women who have lost a baby through no fault of their own and they will be reminded of it everytime they see that sign. Gods work?? God, if he/she did exist, would not want for him to torture people everday, because that's what's he's doing. Obviously the picture isn't stopping those whose mind is made up and only hurting those who care... completely the opposite of what he is trying to accomplish. Thank you for saying something to him, even if he was too stupid to get it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GeishaBunnI
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Quoting MissLeanna:

A child really doesn't need to see it.

I would have said the same things.

I'm pro-choice but seriously the protesting with gross pictures is just a little overboard.

heather406
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:58 PM

There are many non-graphic abortion posters available to protesters.  I suppose I get the point of the graphic posters, but a child SHOULDNT have to see that. 

moretolovemamma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:30 PM

I know it was just truely discusting its hard to discribe how horrible it was...LOL I was thinking about going back over there  and giving him a poster of a huge  picture of ppl having sex i mean big penis and vagina pic....saying stop disease and unwanted pregnacy use protection...OR somthing like that....then see if he thinks children should see that

They were old timers they'ed probably be apauled lol

paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM

bump...

GonnaBMom
by Miss.Fortune on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM

What i think of all this its really nice you said somethingto them ! :)

Quoting moretolovemamma:

I know it was just truely discusting its hard to discribe how horrible it was...LOL I was thinking about going back over there  and giving him a poster of a huge  picture of ppl having sex i mean big penis and vagina pic....saying stop disease and unwanted pregnacy use protection...OR somthing like that....then see if he thinks children should see that

They were old timers they'ed probably be apauled lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)