Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice, good easy diet to follow?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

so i need to lose alot of weight, alot! so what diet will be easy for me to follow so i can stick to it, i dont mind eating healthy its just time consuming, and my DH and DS will not be following diet so its hard for me to make everything for me baked and steamed and then cook them separate dinners and lunch and breakfast. any tips?

i tried weight watchers and didnt like it, to time consuming to use website and count points.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hudson.maggie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Ou could eat special k for b'fast lean cuisine for lunch and just have their dinner just eat the right portions
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosellaBella
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM

thanks, do you think that will make a difference. no more wine during the week im cutting that out. adding fruits and veggies and whole grains i have been eating terrible for 4 years. i mean terrrible! i had no boundaries now i will!

Quoting hudson.maggie:

Ou could eat special k for b'fast lean cuisine for lunch and just have their dinner just eat the right portions

chance010507
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:46 PM

well first off you should really get the whole family on board. After that you dont really need to diet you just need to eat the right way. one trick I use for myself is to see if I am bored or actually hungry. If I think I am hungry I have a tall glass of water and wait a little while to see if I still am hungry. I get my water intake and I am able to cut back on mindless eating. Stop eating when you feel 80% full.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:50 PM

My dh and I are doing the Paleo Diet.

I resisted in the beginning. Because it reminded me of the Atkins Diet..but this one's ramped up. So I thought it'd be hard to follow.

But it's not. And I'm not a big veggie person.

My dh has lost 33 lbs since Feb 14th. (it's when we started). He's wearing pants he hasn't worn in 4 years! 

I've lost about 20. (probably more but I didn't step on the scale to start..) I'm wearing pants that I've not worn in 3, AND they're loose!!!

I have to say, I'm honestly surprised at how easy it is to follow. I'm NOT having ANY cravings.

My son's b-day is tomorrow, we had family over yesterday, so we digressed from the plan, but jumped right back on again this morning. Planning on digressing tomorrow night for dinner when we take him out, then jumping right back on.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Oh and my kids aren't following the diet. So sometimes we'll make rice or noodles for them. (they're teens)

You don't have to steam or measure. This is SO awesome.

I've done, WW, LA lite, Nutra-system, Physician's, Atkins...just to name a few.

RosellaBella
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Wow really!!! sounds good, did you buy a book or go online? can you tell me alittle about it? im very interested!

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I resisted in the beginning. Because it reminded me of the Atkins Diet..but this one's ramped up. So I thought it'd be hard to follow.

My dh has lost 33 lbs since Feb 14th. (it's when we started). He's wearing pants he hasn't worn in 4 years! 

I've lost about 20. (probably more but I didn't step on the scale to start..) I'm wearing pants that I've not worn in 3, AND they're loose!!!

I have to say, I'm honestly surprised at how easy it is to follow. I'm NOT having ANY cravings.

My son's b-day is tomorrow, we had family over yesterday, so we digressed from the plan, but jumped right back on again this morning. Planning on digressing tomorrow night for dinner when we take him out, then jumping right back on.

kiddycat73
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM
What is it?

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RosellaBella
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM

good idea! i will add that in too! i do eat when im bored and i def dont drink enought water, so its win win! i like it! thank you!

Quoting chance010507:

well first off you should really get the whole family on board. After that you dont really need to diet you just need to eat the right way. one trick I use for myself is to see if I am bored or actually hungry. If I think I am hungry I have a tall glass of water and wait a little while to see if I still am hungry. I get my water intake and I am able to cut back on mindless eating. Stop eating when you feel 80% full.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)