Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you have ms or know someone with ms?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
I'm writing a book. Or going to try to, anyways. I've always loved to write, and I'm pretty good at it, but raising three busy boys and taking care of my dh and home, I have just quit. Well, my oldest ds is now ten. How can I tell him to not waste the brain he was given while I just throw my talent, or whatever you want to call it, away? It makes me a hypocrite. Well, not anymore. Busy or not, I'm going to write a half hour a day, working myself up to two hours a day.

So, now that you have my background story, lol, I will get to the point. The male character in my book will have multiple sclerosis (ms). I know a little about it, but I would like to know more. I'm doing research, but anyone with any experiece or first hand knowledge that you would like to share with me, I would appreciate it. Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
carrolmomof3boy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShellGardner
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:02 PM
I only know basic things about it. I do in home care and have 1 client with ms. She has her good days and her bad. Sometimes she is so achy she can't get off the couch. She takes a shot 2 times per week to help with the attacks. She hasn't had one in over a year. They just all of a sudden come on and they could happen at any moment. An attack is where she will be fine one moment and just pass out on the floor and not remember any of it when she gets up. She is also starting to go blind. It is very mild for her so far she is only 30 yrs old. But the disease can come on strong and quickly. As I said I don't know much but if you have any questions that you think I may be able to answer you can pm me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kristabrianne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:06 PM

i have it  was diagnosed earlier this year. I have my good days and bad.

carrolmomof3boy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM
Thank you!

Quoting ShellGardner:

I only know basic things about it. I do in home care and have 1 client with ms. She has her good days and her bad. Sometimes she is so achy she can't get off the couch. She takes a shot 2 times per week to help with the attacks. She hasn't had one in over a year. They just all of a sudden come on and they could happen at any moment. An attack is where she will be fine one moment and just pass out on the floor and not remember any of it when she gets up. She is also starting to go blind. It is very mild for her so far she is only 30 yrs old. But the disease can come on strong and quickly. As I said I don't know much but if you have any questions that you think I may be able to answer you can pm me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrolmomof3boy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:09 PM
I'm sorry! If you don't mind, what kind of symptoms do you experience?

Quoting kristabrianne:

i have it  was diagnosed earlier this year. I have my good days and bad.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrolmomof3boy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:15 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carrolmomof3boy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM

no

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)