Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's really driving the GOP's abortion war

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM
  • 13 Replies

What's really driving the GOP's abortion war

The economy is reeling and we're in three wars, but Republicans across the country are focused on ... abortion?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I think it's because they're trying to DO something to make SOME people happy..to keep them propelled forward..to up their chances of a Rep Prez in 2012.

IMHO..we need to clean congressional house AND senate. Have term limits. Just start over with all new reps and senators.

And keep the government out of a woman's vagina..I mean it's her body, her decision to live with..BUT I don't think the government should fund or subsidize them.

JMO...

Dodgermommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Good luck with this one...I agree with you 100% but good luck!

QueenFelicia
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:00 PM

it is pretty ironic the ones who espouse the need for a smaller govt are the same ones who have no problem getting the gov't involved in such a private issue.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Oh I completely agree.

Quoting QueenFelicia:

it is pretty ironic the ones who espouse the need for a smaller govt are the same ones who have no problem getting the gov't involved in such a private issue.

Jenniejen77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:02 PM

I agree with the cleaning house and senate statement. It seems like nothing is getting done and all of them are acting like spoiled brats. 

Quoting 143myboys9496:

I think it's because they're trying to DO something to make SOME people happy..to keep them propelled forward..to up their chances of a Rep Prez in 2012.

IMHO..we need to clean congressional house AND senate. Have term limits. Just start over with all new reps and senators.

And keep the government out of a woman's vagina..I mean it's her body, her decision to live with..BUT I don't think the government should fund or subsidize them.

JMO...

luvmylife5
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:08 PM

To me innocent children being murdered everyday is pretty dam important, I am glad they are making it a priority.

Jenniejen77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:13 PM

What about the economy? Poverty that is killing the children alive right now? Jobs? The wars we are currently in? The state of the veterans who fought in those wars? The fact that our elected officials can't even pass a budget and a large group of Americans are at risk of not getting their paychecks because of it (gov. employees and military)? Aren't those, at the moment, much more important????

Quoting luvmylife5:

To me innocent children being murdered everyday is pretty dam important, I am glad they are making it a priority.

luvmylife5
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Jenniejen77:

What about the economy? Poverty that is killing the children alive right now? Jobs? The wars we are currently in? The state of the veterans who fought in those wars? The fact that our elected officials can't even pass a budget and a large group of Americans are at risk of not getting their paychecks because of it (gov. employees and military)? Aren't those, at the moment, much more important????

Quoting luvmylife5:

Maybe you should talk to the president about that! He is where the buck stops, I mean wasn't he the one who promised to fix everything the republicans messed up.  All the other things are just as important, but I fail to see why the murdering of children should take a back seat to anything!

Jenniejen77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Quoting luvmylife5:

Quoting Jenniejen77:

Quoting luvmylife5:

Maybe you should talk to the president about that! He is where the buck stops, I mean wasn't he the one who promised to fix everything the republicans messed up.  All the other things are just as important, but I fail to see why the murdering of children should take a back seat to anything!

No, he can't do anything if Congress doesn't do anything. He's just one man, a President, not a dictator. He cannot do it on his own. He has to have the cooperation of the House and Senate. That's how our government works. 

The bigger picture is that a lot more people are affected by the economy, poverty, the war, and all these other things than there are people affected by abortion. Looking at the BIG picture, this issue is not as important as the rest right now. And it's not what I hear the GOP promised during the last campaign. Why aren't THEY keeping their promises to their constituents???

luvmylife5
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Quoting Jenniejen77:

Quoting luvmylife5:

Quoting Jenniejen77:

Quoting luvmylife5:

No, he can't do anything if Congress doesn't do anything. He's just one man, a President, not a dictator. He cannot do it on his own. He has to have the cooperation of the House and Senate. That's how our government works. 

The bigger picture is that a lot more people are affected by the economy, poverty, the war, and all these other things than there are people affected by abortion. Looking at the BIG picture, this issue is not as important as the rest right now. And it's not what I hear the GOP promised during the last campaign. Why aren't THEY keeping their promises to their constituents???

You do realize it was a democratic run congess when Bush was in office and the country started going to pot, also it was a republican (McCain) who warned of the housing crisis 2 years before it started and the democrats ignored him.

All of us can blame the other side, and have valid arguments so there is no point going there. Like I said they are valid concerns, and so is the murder of innocent babies. This will not change in my mind

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)