Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please don't eat me alive for this

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM
  • 27 Replies
I'm going back to school in the fall...and this may sound horrible but I was really hoping I could just get cash assistance while I was in school and work during the summer and on breaks...but thats not possible becauseyou need to go to classes on how to find jobs for 40 hours a weeks while getting cash and I'll already be taking about 20 hours of classes plus I'll need to have time to study..i already told ryan imraising his cs when I go back to school but in order to pay my bills I'll still need to work about 25 hours a week..so it'd be 25 hours of work (this is assuming my boss would be okay with my cutting my hours in half, but hes pretty cool so I'm banking on that)20 hours of school, attempting to find time to study I'm between spending time with blaine (i have horrific, and I mean HORRIFIC seperation anxiety)and I can guaranteemy grades will suffer because of it.

I am so exited to go back to school but all this stupid stress about being a horrible mother while I'm in school is killing it for me..i know that going to school makes me a better mother but I am finally in a place where I'm happy with all the time we spend together (i was put on meds for ppd)and its just going to go out the window when I go back to school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swesolek6
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Any advice would help....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:26 PM
Hmm. I have no clue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swesolek6
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:28 PM
Thanks for bumping

Quoting .k.e.l.l.i.e.:

Hmm. I have no clue.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosesandlilys
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:29 PM

You CAN get cash assistance and go to school. There are plenty of programs for it, what state do you live in?

ISAIAHMOM632007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Online school.and work.sweetie,.I.did my my junior year in college working and school. If you assistance its there, your trying to better yourself and your child life that is the purpose of PA. Its a short.term fix. Good luck and God Bless
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymelissa76
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:30 PM

BUMP!

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Quoting Rosesandlilys:

You CAN get cash assistance and go to school. There are plenty of programs for it, what state do you live in?

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I went to college twice while my DD was young (they were 1 yr courses each). And i will admit, it was hard. My DD seemed to be growing right before my eyes and i was missing it all.

But trust me, it is very worth it in the end. Good job trying to improve your life!

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM

I can't help you with the assistance questions.

But you're not a bad mother for improving yourself.

I used to think I was a bad mother for taking time to myself...for ANY reason.

But I heard somewhere, I can't remember where, that doing things for yourself, whether it be going back to school or getting a pedicure...can actually make you a better mom. You'll have more patience, be calmer..because it's like your batteries are getting recharged..kwim?

Good luck!!!!

PotterMom218
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:34 PM
I suggest online classes, That is what I do and it works out well for everyone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)