Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Walk Your Child To/From The Bus Stop?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM
  • 11 Replies

Do you walk your child to and from the bus stop?

I walk them to the bus stop, but, most of the time, I let them walk home on their own. I can see the bus stop from my back door, so I watch them from there.

They are 6, btw.

Music is my religion. Maynard is my Messiah.

"Some people believe in God, I believe in music. Some people pray, I just turn up the radio."

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southern_momof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM
I walk my son to school. He just turned 7. If its cold or rainy, we drive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jynnifer292
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM

The bus stops in front of my house, on our side of the street. I stand outside with both of them, 4 and 6. I got out and get my 4 year old when he gets home but just stand in the door waiting for my 6 year old.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM

I have it timed out that they leave the house and pretty much walk right onto the bus so I dont go with them anymore, but I watch them from the back window. They come off the bus alone and come straight home too.

they are almost 9 and 7

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM
We did, because there was a girl on the middle school bus that was mean to my daughter. Their buses picked up within minutes of each other. But they moved, so the will walk themselves now. It is right down the street. My kids are 7 and 10.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gwebkeijmmm
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM
The bus stops at my driveway, so no. Next year, when Katie & Izzy start K, I will wait outside with them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

I walk my 6year old to and from the bus.. IMO 6 is too young to be walking alone..

photomom1979
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM
I meet my 5year old at the bus stop when he gets home but we are only half day kindergarten here, so I take him to school and then meet at bus after. My older two (ages 15th and 12) I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fairegirl33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM

My SO walks them to the bus stop.  In the afternoon, their either go to my ex-husband's house or to the aftercare program at school.

jessil83
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

i'll be driving dd to K when she starts next year. i've seen the bus driver for our route, he's always speeding and i've seen him smoking on the bus with kids on it. (yes we've reported him, no he hasn't been fired) so i'll be driving her. if she did ride the bus though i dont think i'd walk her. i have a son who will be 2 1/2 when she starts K so i'd have to take him out with me. i can see the bus stop from my front door, its 5 houses down and we live in a townhome. so its not far, it is on the other side of the street, so i would go out with her and make sure she checked before she crossed.

Crystallynn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:40 PM

my son is 10 and I still take him back and forth....LOL  Poor kid.  Last year I let him go on his own and the older kids kept picking on him and hitting him, so I put a stop to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)