Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mother of a two year old wants to commit suice

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM
  • 27 Replies

here is the situation... mother... we will call her K... gets kicked out of her house that she was living with and sharing bills with because of a confrontation. she calls her baby daddy... we will call him J... to come pick her up. K and J are always fighting. i mean huge fights. they get together break up and they don't trust each other at all. well they get in a huge fight and he is degrading her. telling her she is a shitty mom, shitty person, a whore, a piece of shit, good for nothing blah blah blah. she is bawling her eyes out as he continuously degrades her. finally she stops him and says what are you trying to do? i know you want me to feel like shit and you've succeeded. do you want me to just kill myself? he says yeah i do. so she grabs her bottle of prescription medicine and turns the bottle up. as soon as she does it she spits them out and realizes she made a mistake. then J calls her sister and tells her what K did and her sister threatens to take the 2 year old boy away. K posted a FB status at one point of that weekend saying can someone please watch my son, i am just too upset and cant deal with him right now.

Is it just me or when i am really upset my kids make me feel better? when she told me all this honestly i didnt feel that bad for her. i felt bad for the baby. she knows exactly how her baby daddy is. they do this all the time. she has tried committing suicide already twice since hes been alive. she even had to go to the hosptial once. i can never imagine doing that to my babies! She never wants to spend time with him. She is always looking for a sitter. idk this situation just irked me.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Satiblue
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM

she sounds seriously in a bad place emotionally. where it is no longer a possability to get comfort by being with her child. seems like she really needs some alone time from not only her child but everyone else as well. some time to think and maybe start looking for some help for herself. Seems like she has an untreated mental illness from what you are saying. Being suicidal , attempting suicide, is not done by someone who is rational and in their right mind to keep priorities straight. I think she needs help. serious help. 

NevaehAndAjsMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:23 PM

she does have some mental issues and is being medicated for it right now. but i dont think she needs help

Quoting Satiblue:

she sounds seriously in a bad place emotionally. where it is no longer a possability to get comfort by being with her child. seems like she really needs some alone time from not only her child but everyone else as well. some time to think and maybe start looking for some help for herself. Seems like she has an untreated mental illness from what you are saying. Being suicidal , attempting suicide, is not done by someone who is rational and in their right mind to keep priorities straight. I think she needs help. serious help. 

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:25 PM
How does she not need help? Obviously the meds aren't serving their purpose. If this woman doesn't need help, I don't know who does.

Quoting NevaehAndAjsMom:

she does have some mental issues and is being medicated for it right now. but i dont think she needs help

Quoting Satiblue:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM
The woman needs some serious help, is there someone who can get temp custody of her son while she checks into a mental hospital? I feel bad for her kid. Does anybody care about the lil guy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catinseaside
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:27 PM

eeeek, I would consider getting her some help. I just lost a friend to suicide a few weeks ago. It was out of the blue. In most cases people who ACTUALLY want to, and usually succeed in suicide are very private about it and don't want to be stopped. This sounds more like a "cry for help". But she is seriously not mentally stable for taking care a 2 year old if she has to be babysat herself. ya know. There is only so much one can do.

Memigen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM

She needs help, not your judgements.

NevaehAndAjsMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:29 PM

ugh! sorry that was supposed to say but i do think she needs help. i agree with you!

Quoting .k..l.l.i.e.:

How does she not need help? Obviously the meds aren't serving their purpose. If this woman doesn't need help, I don't know who does.

Quoting NevaehAndAjsMom:

Quoting Satiblue:

NevaehAndAjsMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM

her father and her two sisters would help her i am sure but i honestly dont think she would do it. she doesnt think anything is wrong with her.

Quoting 3xangel:

The woman needs some serious help, is there someone who can get temp custody of her son while she checks into a mental hospital? I feel bad for her kid. Does anybody care about the lil guy?

lilyrose73
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Exactly.

Quoting Memigen:

She needs help, not your judgements.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kayandjsmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Wow, she does need help, even if you think she doesn't. And my children make me happy too but she sounds like she is in a bad situation and maybe doesn't want her kid around it. It would make things a lot harder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)