Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschools CAN be accredited.

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am just making this post because the other POOFED, but I was in the middle of answering a question when I got the pink line, LOL.  I believe it was azpreemie?

Anyway, some homeschools CAN be accredited if you go through an actual accredited school to get your supplies (and you do have to pay a tuition) like I did. The one I used even offered foreign language and accredited college courses.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BizzE
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM

yep, i saw the same post.

I wonder if this is what she was asking though. It didnt seem like a post asking HOW but rather why.

GoneBad31
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:24 PM

This post is for someone who had quoted me asking how kids can go to college through homeschooling since homeschooling is not accredited. This post is not directed at the OP of the original homeschool post, it was someone that had quoted me within the post:)

Quoting BizzE:

I wonder if this is what she was asking though. It didnt seem like a post asking HOW but rather why.

NevaehAndAjsMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM

yes my churched that provide home schooling at accredited. if you dont go to church you can still get your supplies through them and they are usuallu cheaper than other places

BizzE
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Oh, i see. You are asking another question that came from that post. Sorry...

And OP is correct. There are many places out there that are accredited that gives diplomas. Most call them Umbrella schools or cover schools.

We are working with one right now. Im getting burned out with all the reporting they require and am looking into one that asks for less. The last report + papers i had to send out to them cost over 10 bucks to send because they ask for so much. But the bright side of the headache is an acutual diploma.

Quoting GoneBad31:

This post is for someone who had quoted me asking how kids can go to college through homeschooling since homeschooling is not accredited. This post is not directed at the OP of the original homeschool post, it was someone that had quoted me within the post:)

Quoting BizzE:

Go to fullsize image                                      

Albinism = Beautiful

GoneBad31
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Yep. Most places that do that use either ACE or Abeka curriculum.

Quoting NevaehAndAjsMom:

yes my churched that provide home schooling at accredited. if you dont go to church you can still get your supplies through them and they are usuallu cheaper than other places

GoneBad31
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM

That is right.

I did not actually sign them up through the accredited school until my oldest son started highschool...he was the only one too, it saved tons of work and money.

Some people may disagree with me, but I did not see a necessity in doing it while they were still in elementary and middle school grades. The only ones that count are the highschool credits. That is JMO though.

Quoting BizzE:

Oh, i see. You are asking another question that came from that post. Sorry...

And OP is correct. There are many places out there that are accredited that gives diplomas. Most call them Umbrella schools or cover schools.

We are working with one right now. Im getting burned out with all the reporting they require and am looking into one that asks for less. The last report + papers i had to send out to them cost over 10 bucks to send because they ask for so much. But the bright side of the headache is an acutual diploma.

Quoting GoneBad31:

Quoting BizzE:

GoneBad31
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM

BUMP!

GoneBad31
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

BUMP!

3gr8tKids
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM

ABSOFUCKINGLOOTLY!!!! 100% correct.

I home-school my oldest daughter who is now 24 back when it wasn't popular or TRENDY. Back when you were stupid if you didn't belong to the home-school legal defence community.

And by the way when she went into the public school system she tested in the 99 percentile of her class. She is soaring as we speak. LOL sorry a proud mommy moment...

-Laura R.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)