Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shut the hell up!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM
  • 18 Replies

My So took me out to dinner the other night (we don't get alot of time together w/o kids) and i was so excited to be able to have an adult conversation for once! Well while i'm talking he totally interupts (EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME) me and starts talking about what ever was on his mind !!!!! I know my life isn't super exciting but damn, am i wrong for just wanting him to just shut up for like 10 mins, i dont always want to hear about his job!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM

my hubby does that sometimes. i will ask a simple quetion and he will go off on this long spill about it and sometimes i wish he would just shorten it. i am really glad he talks to me but sometimes he just goes on and on and on

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM
Did you tell him about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jella31
by Angela on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM
Exactly.

Quoting silverdawn99:

my hubby does that sometimes. i will ask a simple quetion and he will go off on this long spill about it and sometimes i wish he would just shorten it. i am really glad he talks to me but sometimes he just goes on and on and on

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM

that is really annoying.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:52 PM
Yep, that annoys me, too. I usually say something, though, when I get frustrated like that. I make a joke, though, and say something like, "Gee, I can't get a word in edgewise!" And he'll stop, stare, blush, laugh, and say, "Sorry, your turn." LOL
Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM

My husband does this too. I think it might be a man thing, I'm unsure.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

He'll never know unless you say something.

Quoting 3xangel:

SecretKeeper574
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM
that makes me crazy!! i always feel bad when i accidently interrupt someone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

He'll never know unless you say something.

Quoting 3xangel:

I laughed so hard when I read this.

I share everything with my husband. I let him know when I'm frustrated, I let him know what bothers me and what makes me happy, I don't hold anything in. My point is, just because I put it out there and share how I feel doesn't mean he will listen, comprehend and make a plan of action to not do it again.

Tell him......if he keeps doing it you'll have to find a new plan of action. My plan of action is ignoring him when he repeats himself incessantly and occasionally rolling my eyes or glaring. lol

kylersmom11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I know Im always like "Babe, just give me the readers digest verison" lol!

Quoting jella31:

Exactly.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)