Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 Day Shred

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • 15 Replies

Has anyone else done the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred?

I have been working out w/kettleworx as some know, but then I came to a stand still & even gained back 2lbs:(

Anyway, I joined Weight Watchers (my diet wasn't bad but I felt I needed help) & lost that 2lbs I had gained back.

But I didn't want to just do kettleworx anymore, I wanted something that I could possibly use w/it since they are only 20min workouts. 

So I decided to buy 30day shred, I did level 1 today & even though I've already lost 10lbs & have started to tone up it still kicked my ass!!!

Guess I didn't realize I was "that" out of shape!

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else uses this video & wanted to know what you thought of it?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBDslittlemam08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Oh man girl! That is a tough work out!

I work out 4-5 days a week 2 hours a day at the gym. On days I can't get to the gym I do my 30 day Shred and holy hell, for someone who is religious about working out; it still kicks my ass. No worries, you'll get better and better everytime you do it.

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I had a gym membership & never went.  Well I use to go all the time, then I stopped & just haven't been able to go back.  I was there all the time for 2hrs & I just have to much going on right now.

That being said though, I started the kettleworx (they are 10-20min) & started eating right & lost about 10lbs in 4 weeks (it's a 6 week program then there are other videos to add in), I didn't lose weight like that at the gym & I worked out 2hrs a day as well.

I mean w/30day shred I expected it to be difficult but holy hell I didn't expect to have my ass completely kicked on level 1!

Quoting JBDslittlemam08:

Oh man girl! That is a tough work out!

I work out 4-5 days a week 2 hours a day at the gym. On days I can't get to the gym I do my 30 day Shred and holy hell, for someone who is religious about working out; it still kicks my ass. No worries, you'll get better and better everytime you do it.

LoveMyBlessings
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM

That will kick your butt into shape in NO time. Jillian doesn't mess around! Love that workout!

CABZS
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:07 PM
Quoting LoveMyBlessings:

That will kick your butt into shape in NO time. Jillian doesn't mess around! Love that workout!

No apparently not! Though I did like that it was high energy, I get bored so easily. Probably why I've never been able to get into yoga or pilates even though I hear great things about those workouts too.
jbcmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

i tried it...couldn't walk for 2 days...haven't tried it since...good luck!

lucita313
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM

I was thinking about getting that, but don't know anyone who has finished the whole 30 days to get feedback.

Is it similar to P90X? My bf just bought it but we don't have the pull up bar or resistance bands so I haven't tried it. Do you need to buy anything to do the 30 day?

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Eh....it bores me.. I don't like it and I didn't feel like I got much of a workout so I did Insanity instead. Now, THAT kicks my tail and I'm in good shape! LOL

Bob has a new one out that I really love. It is called Ultimate Cardio Body. It uses weights and HIIT and he makes JM look like a weenie. LOL

Claire

mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Quoting lucita313:

I was thinking about getting that, but don't know anyone who has finished the whole 30 days to get feedback.

Is it similar to P90X? My bf just bought it but we don't have the pull up bar or resistance bands so I haven't tried it. Do you need to buy anything to do the 30 day?

P90X is on a whole different level than the Shred. The Shred is designed for beginners to working out..P90X is HIIT ( high intensity interval training) and is geared more towards people that are in shape and that want to get more in shape.

The Shred needs hand weights and that is it...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phillipians 4:13

Group Mod- Healthy Weight Loss

Group Mod- Picky Eaters

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM

it is a tough workout. good for if you need to tone up before a special event or a jump start to a routine work out. i did it, but am flabby again! i joined the gym and can make it a routine now.

hudson.maggie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM
I did until dd got ahold of the dvd and I still haven't found it :-(. But I do the biggest loser videos and I love them :-) I've lost 15 lbs so far
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)