Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I almost was scammed at the grocery store!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM
  • 40 Replies

Yesterday as I was getting in line to pay and a lady came up on the side of me in an electric scooter (from the store), and asked me if I had any cash or if I could pay for some of her groceries. Well first she started off telling me she just got out of prison (wth!), and she doesn't have anything, and is living under a bridge...I'm usally giving, but something told me "don't do it!", and maybe it had something to do w/her including she just got out of prison. So I lied and told her "Sorry, I barely have enough for me and my kids." I felt stupid saying that, but I just wanted her to move on...and so she said "Oh, ok." in a pis*ed off tone of voice.. lol! Sooo, then as I'm putting my groceries in the trunk, I hear her coming out of the store yelling at someone on her CELL PHONE, and then she starts loading her groceries into a brand new Chrysler convertible! The car didn't even have license plates yet!! WTH, I thought she lived under a bridge. I'm so glad I didn't give her money that freaking witch!! I really wish I would have taken her paper license plate number down and reported her!! So to all the generous people, be careful of the scammers!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
art.diva
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Wow!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM
I always shut people down immediately. I don't give money to random strangers, I don't care how creative their story is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
photomom1979
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM
Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyLos
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM

bahaha! i wouldve asked her if her car fit under her bridge and if her husband was the troll? lmao!

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM
Mmm hmm

Quoting .k.e.l.l.i.e.:

I always shut people down immediately. I don't give money to random strangers, I don't care how creative their story is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paper_clip
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Isn't it a shame that there's people out there like this when there are other's who are in true need of help? She is just a bad example and gives those who need help a horrible name. Dumb broad! 

I hope she falls off of this bridge she lives under. 

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Oh my goodness

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM
Wow that is pretty low!! People!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I'm a pretty non-confrontational person, but I would have had to say something to her.  I couldn't have just let that go.

alaiynasmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I wanted to, I drove right by her, but she was too busy yelling at someone on her cell phone! She didn't even look my way when I was driving by, and I stayed there for awhile.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I'm a pretty non-confrontational person, but I would have had to say something to her.  I couldn't have just let that go.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)