Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has a pan handler ever gotten mad at you for not giving them money?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM
  • 15 Replies
We're living on less than one income (darn CS is very high) with 3 toddlers. So I don't give pan handlers anything. I've had 2 get mad at me for it, both were women. Once some lady in Hawaii (by far the best place to be homeless) cursed at me and shook her magna doodle sign at me because she walked up to the car at a red light while I was counting out money for the 500 electric bill (norm for Hawaii) and I guess she thought some was for her. The second time I was loading the kids and groceries into the car and some lady with a gas can wants money for gas, I have none. I thought not bitch. Really? Have you been cursed at or torn down because you didn't give money to some beggar?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetcherry_59
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Nope never
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:55 PM
No. But when I was a server at a Japanese steakhouse, me and one of the cooks were outside having a snack. One of the nastiest homeless women came up and started talking to us. Next thing we realize, she swipes a piece of the cook's meat off his plate. He frowned and didn't finish eating it!! Don't blame him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NevaehAndAjsMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

i had a friend that stopped at a red light and a homesless man was standing there with a sign and normally she would give any spare change or dollars that she had but she had just went to the car wash and used all her change to clean out her car. well he keesp waving at her and she shakes her head no and apologizes well he comes up to her window and knocks. she rolls it down a little and tells him nicely that she doesnt have anything. so he reaches behind him and pulls a stack of money and flashes it to her and says to her i'll make more money out here than you'll ever make in your life B*tch! after that i ahve never given my money to them

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Yep. I made the mistake of speaking to one. I was walking through DT Chicago and a man was begging for cash, all I said was "no" and he proceeded to give me the raspberries. I just rolled my eyes. It's better not to say anything and keep on walking.

I don't give money for:

#1- That man sat infront of that McDonalds EVERYDAY for my entire semester of college, looking healthy and fed imo. So no, I wasn't going to give him money.

#2- I DON'T CARRY CASH-EVER. I honestly don't have anything to give.

Toughenough1979
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Quoting sweetcherry_59:

Nope never

Pot meet kettle

3xangel
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM
Nope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM

No I have not but I gave 11 dollars to a guy in the walmart parking lot he had a child with him and told me his son was at the hospital and his truck was on empty. I do not know if he was telling me the truth or not but I hope he was.

kassrk
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM
I ve heard that alot of the people who do that are rich that one of my friends said there was a guy who was quitting for the day an he took his clothes off an under then was a nice suit...I feel sorry for the people who could actually use that spare change cause other people are making it hard for them

Quoting NevaehAndAjsMom:

i had a friend that stopped at a red light and a homesless man was standing there with a sign and normally she would give any spare change or dollars that she had but she had just went to the car wash and used all her change to clean out her car. well he keesp waving at her and she shakes her head no and apologizes well he comes up to her window and knocks. she rolls it down a little and tells him nicely that she doesnt have anything. so he reaches behind him and pulls a stack of money and flashes it to her and says to her i'll make more money out here than you'll ever make in your life B*tch! after that i ahve never given my money to them

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiralyn
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:00 PM
Once, but I am pretty sure he had mental issues. He was muttering very graphic things about vaginas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I have rarely been approached by panhandlers and the times I didn't have cash it was not a big deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)