Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hey where is that little black boy?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM
  • 45 Replies
ok so last night i went to a tastefully simple party. i know the host from her husband and my husband being volunteer firefighters. so any ways she had her grand kids there. and was allowing everyone to bring their kids. and husbands lol. so my son and daughter were playing with all the kids and my son went to the bathroom. and this little kid about 8 years old yells hey where is that little black boy. meaning my son. my son is not black. then my son comes out of the bathroom and the kid says hey little black boy wanna play down stairs. i was in a house full of white people. they all started laughing. i didnt think it was funny. hes 8 shouldnt he know better than that. i dont know i was pissed. so we left. do you think i over reacted? all the other kids where calling my son by his name, but not this kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3xangel
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM
I would have been annoyed and corrected him. His name is blank, not little black boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceashell707
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM

The child probably couldn't think of any other way to describe him.  My youngest is biracial and she has been described in a lot of different ways.  When she was in middle school her nickname was "zebra cakes".  She could have/does care less.  But I know that our family has a strange sense of humor. 

PookaboosMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM
I would agree I guess. At 8 a child should know better
WildChild4487
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Omgosh I would have spoken to the boys parents, Thats very rude! You did the right thing by leaving though. Im sorry momma

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:15 PM

You could have just told the kid his actual name and solved the problem!

CBMama06
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Exactly what I would have done... don't think I would have left at all...

Quoting 3xangel:

I would have been annoyed and corrected him. His name is blank, not little black boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toughenough1979
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Quoting 3xangel:

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Personally, I think you overreacted.  I mean, it doesn't sound like the kid was trying to be mean.  Why didn't you just tell him what your son's name is?  I definitely wouldn't have left over that.

MissLeanna
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Well if your son isnt black then i would have corrected the boy.

reyreybella01
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM
i dont think i would have gotten so mad if everyone didnt laugh about it. and i know im mixed too and was always asked if i was chinese or mexican lol neither

Quoting ceashell707:

The child probably couldn't think of any other way to describe him.  My youngest is biracial and she has been described in a lot of different ways.  When she was in middle school her nickname was "zebra cakes".  She could have/does care less.  But I know that our family has a strange sense of humor. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)