Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What a craptastic day!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Go figure Mondays in general usually are but this one takes the cake. First dh sounds irritated that I'm taking my car in for an oil change because its due and more than 2 quarts low. I have a high mileage jeep and if I want to keep it running I have to keep up the maintenance. Well he's being whiny because he needs an oil change too. Fine...I go get the stuff to change the oil in both the cars instead of having my done like I usually do. That should make his day.

Next up the mail runs. I find out the "little favor" the doctor did getting a splinter out of my hand, after I told him I could get it at home with tweezers, was billed to my insurance company as Surgery for $155. Well guess what, they didn't cover it. And to top it off there is an additional $20 charge to write a prescription for Chantix (oh excuse me, the doctor's office called it smoking cession counseling). Thanks a lot doc.

Finally I get home and crawl under the car to change the oil just to find antifreeze all over the driveaxle. Great so now either the freeze plug is leaking or I'm for some reason overheating with a brand new thermostat and its shooting out the overflow tank.

So how has Your Monday gone so far?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firefly63701
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Mine has been going well.  My dhand I seperated 2 monts ago and I think we are going to get back together.  and I'm amazed that you would know what might be wrong with your car.  I cant even check my oil. lol

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM
*Hugs* that sucks.

Mine sucks to. I had a severe allergic reaction to medical tape over the weekend and didn't know til today. Now I'm covered in blisters all over my head and chest. Not fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnoble2004
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Everybody needs a hobby, lol. Labor around here runs $65 to $75 an hour if you put it in the shop. So if its something I can do (or figure out) I do it myself.

Quoting firefly63701:

Mine has been going well.  My dhand I seperated 2 monts ago and I think we are going to get back together.  and I'm amazed that you would know what might be wrong with your car.  I cant even check my oil. lol

mrsnoble2004
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:20 PM

That sucks too. They never listen when I tell them I'm allergic to the adhesive either. Do you have some hydro-cortisone cream and some benadryl?

Quoting Mipsy:

*Hugs* that sucks.

Mine sucks to. I had a severe allergic reaction to medical tape over the weekend and didn't know til today. Now I'm covered in blisters all over my head and chest. Not fun!

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM

home with 2 sick babies. which is nothing new lately i guess!

i would call your doc and ask him to remove the charges. that is ridiculous.

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:22 PM
Yeah and now I'm tired, lol!

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

That sucks too. They never listen when I tell them I'm allergic to the adhesive either. Do you have some hydro-cortisone cream and some benadryl?

Quoting Mipsy:

*Hugs* that sucks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firefly63701
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Everybody needs a hobby, lol. Labor around here runs $65 to $75 an hour if you put it in the shop. So if its something I can do (or figure out) I do it myself.

Quoting firefly63701:

Thats true but neither my dad nor my dh bothered to show me how.

I'm raising a child with autism.  What's your superpower?

massteria
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM

We got the joy of having to drop almost $300 to get my husbands motorcycle from the tow yard (he was in a minor wreck last Tuesday), got his endorsement on his license and the title on the bike transferred, got my license transferred.....and blew a radiator hose.  Feels like the world is against us right now....but I am sure it can only get better from here right?

LoveMyBlessings
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Sorry your day is going bad! :o(

My day is fine. Just tiring. LOL. about 37 weeks pregnant and my house is about spotless but I have to take a gazillion breaks while cleaning. :o( But, the kids' schoolwork is done, laundry is done, everything is cleaned but the loft and I just need to mop now.

I'm just to the 'tired' part of the pregnancy, where everything tires me out. But I push through it and am getting so excited to meet this little guy or gal!

mrsnoble2004
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Actually I show dh how to work on them. I dated a guy in highschool that was always working on his car, so i picked a few things up. Other than that you find about anything you need to know about fixing cars on google if you word it right, local library can be helpful too.

Quoting firefly63701:

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Quoting firefly63701:

Thats true but neither my dad nor my dh bothered to show me how.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)