Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there a gray area with this issue? *bash if you must*

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM
  • 77 Replies

Abortion.

I am not sure where I lie on this issue, is it possible to be both pro-life and pro-choice?  Do I have to pick one?  I don't think that abortion is right when used as birth control, or as a way of being irresponsible with sex and partners.

But where am I able to judge a woman who finds out that her baby has a fatal defect, or is raped, or has a life-threatening issue that could cost her, her life as well as the baby's.  Would I choose to keep a pregnancy that could kill me, and risk not seeing my other children grow up?  I don't know, God willing, I am never in that situation.

So is it possible to fall somewhere in the middle of the road, between these two issues.

Jessica

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djh0505
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:36 PM
I have often wonder about that myself but growing up we are told its wrong but every situation is different so I really don't know unless, I was in that situation myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamajeh
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:37 PM

BUMP!

Idiosyncratic
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM

of course there is...

don't ever let someone tell you that you have to think a certain way...

Atessa
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:39 PM
Nope you are either pro-choice or pro-life...there is no such thing as being pro-life except when ______...as soon as you throw an "except" in there YOU ARE PRO-CHOICE!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erinsmom1964
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I think its alot like claiming to be democrat or republican.  To say there are only 2 point of views and you must agree with all on either side to me is ludacris.  I just say your an independent thinker with your own unique perspective and set of morals that work for you.  Unfortunately alot would claim you them MUST label yourself pro-choice.  So yes I do believe its quite easy to not totally agree with either side.....I sure don't.

Wtshubbypst
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I consider myself pro-choice for the simple fact that I cannot ever know every single person's story who has to face the choice of abortion.  I may not agree with the reason but I will always believe that aborion should remain a choice to everyone.

owl0210
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:43 PM

That means you are pro-choice. If you were pro-life nothing would constitute abortion.  

Idiosyncratic
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Quoting Atessa:

Nope you are either pro-choice or pro-life...there is no such thing as being pro-life except when ______...as soon as you throw an "except" in there YOU ARE PRO-CHOICE!

lol no she isn't...

she's not for having the choice at all times, she belives only certain circumstances get a choice....

aka_speezolove
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM

yes. its easy to be that way.

I am I guess in a way.

I am pro-life for myself. I am not sure there is any situation I could be in that would make me have an abortion-other than if my life was most definetly without a doubt in danger.

I do however vote pro-choice.

Like people say, "pro-choice is not pro-abortion" and I agree with that statement.

mamajeh
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)