Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

There's something wrong with my mom...*update* *holy crap--update*

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 51 Replies

I just called my mom and she said she was feeling weird in the head and that her arm and leg felt weak and tingly.  She has high blood pressure and is on medication for it.  My grandmother just had a heart attack afew months ago.
I want her to get to the hospital but she is saying she's fine.  She sounded confused when I was talking to her.  She is there with my older brother but he is 2 floors down playing a video game and is fucking clueless.

I don't know what to do.  I don't drive, my husband is at work and won't be able to answer his phone untill 4pm [10 minutes from now] and even then won't be able to leave unless it is an absolute emergency.
I don't have any cash for a cab.  I have enough for a bus but that won't be here for 30 minutes, plus another 30 to get to her house.

Ahhh I am really worried about my mom.
She said she was just going to go to sleep.  I told her I didn't think that was smart.  What should I do???  Should I have my husband leave work or what???

*UPDATE*
As I was posting this my husband phoned and I told him what was going on.  He left work and picked up me and my dd and we went over to moms house.
We figured it would be quicker than phoning an ambulance and having to wait.
When I walked in her house she was standing in the kitchen making some bean soup and like I figured my moron brother was still downstairs playing his game.
My mom saw me and just started putting her shoes on [I was worried she would fight with me to go, but I didn't have to say anything]

DH dropped us off at the ER, they didn't think she was having a stroke because she could talk/walk.
We were there for afew hours, they ran some tests and put her on moniters etc.

The doctor said she was just having a severe anxiety attack.  She wrote her a note for 2 days off work, and told her to go see her doctor for more help.

I am so glad she wasn't having a stroke or anything like that.  But I feel aweful that she was so stressed out that she reacted that way.  I told her to take it easy and we would figure out what we could to to help her with some of her stress.  Thanks to anyone who cared.

**Update April 12th**
So we took my mom back to the er 2 nights after the last event because it came back.  They told her this time it was 'migrainous headaches' but to come back the next day for a CT scan, just incase.
We go back the next night, get the scan, go home.
She gets a call from the ER doctor telling her to come back in the discuss the results.
He told her there was something on her scan but he didnt know what it was and that she had to go for an MRI.
He spoke to the neurologists and they said it looked like she had a seisure but they couldn't be certain untill they do the MRI.

We went to moms family doctor and he said that the neurologists said did most likely have a seisure, caused by the TUMOR on her brain.
And the MRI is to see how bad the tumor is, and whatever else.
And I guess she'll need brain surgery.

sorry for the rambles, i'm really stressed about all this...

I am so upset.  My mom is fucking awesome.  She has had such a crap life, and doesn't deserve this at all.
I feel so terrible.
I'm not a religious person, so I won't ask for prayers.  Maybe just some good vibes or something? Thanks ladies...

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmykiddo07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Could possibly be signs of a stroke. I'd get her to the ER. With a stroke, time is everything. And yes if I were you, I'd have your DH leave work. My dad had a stroke & those things arent anything to play around with!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:54 PM

You need to call 911 and have an ambulance sent over.  And you need to talk to your brother to let him know what it going on.

aikenchic
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Call 911 and ask them to send an EMT to the house to check on her. 

anna_mccall

Yes I agree. Those are stroke signs. Call an ambulance and get her to the ER.

BambiF

ok thank you

Sandy418
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Why cant you talk to your brother and tell him to call 911. Safe than sorry.

AjsMom0508
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Call an ambulance and have it go to the house.  Everything you just said makes alarms go off and makes me want to holler STROKE!

Purtyred

THIS

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

You need to call 911 and have an ambulance sent over.  And you need to talk to your brother to let him know what it going on.

ladyvamp5489

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Barronbaby
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM
911 sounds like signs of a stroke. Time is key! Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)