Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My new 'friend' may have done something illegal with my computer. HELP!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM
  • 34 Replies

I'll try to make this the short version.

Made friends with a lady who was staying with a neighbor. She used my computer a while back at my house and I was not in the room. We got a call today from a detective saying that someone from our IP address tried to fraudantly obtain Atlanta Falcons tickets (the person even tried to use the credit card of someone in jail or something too, I mean it could be here's your sign material) . Since ours has some kind of thing on it where our neighbors can't use our wi-fi, it had to have been her bc no one else has used our computer (besides us) and I didn't do it and I KNOW my dh didn't do it and A.J. and Jacob are too young to be able to do that.

My dad is the slightly paranoid type and so is my mom so they want me to do a reverse search of the phone number to see what I can find.

HELP!!! I know its supposed to be idiot proof but I still need some help. Can someone give me the name of a good site to do this?

119594691848019-1.gif animated siggy by Leigh picture by sweetalli07

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him gain world domination.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetalli07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM

BUMP!

sweetalli07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:22 PM

BUMP!

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I'm not sure, my husband used to do skip traces, but that was for the law firm we worked at.  Definitely don't let her in your house again and password protect your computer though. 

shekey918
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:23 PM

don't know but here's a bump for ya

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I wouldn't do anything - except tell the detective the truth.  I would think that trying to dig into yourself would make you look guilty.  Like you are trying to cover something up.

Fairegirl33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:24 PM

411.com for phone number reverse search

booger14
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Quoting sweetalli07:

BUMP!

Zoeysmommy1023
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM

BUMP!

mommyoftwins213

Not to sure but heres a bump for you.

iluvmypreemies

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

I wouldn't do anything - except tell the detective the truth.  I would think that trying to dig into yourself would make you look guilty.  Like you are trying to cover something up.

I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)