Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel horrible. Long vent. Updated

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am more miserable than I ever was pregnant.

I pulled my rib out last week. The chiropractor put it back in and suggested I take valerian root to help with muscle spasms. Well it didn't last very long and gave me horrible nightmares. I was popping ibuprofen and Tylenol like they were candy and I am not a pill taker. I was in excruciating pain and if I didn't control it I was vomiting constantly.

Saturday I finally got in to see my doctor. She diagnosed me with a really bad sinus infection and borderline pneumonia. The pneumonia was due to the fact that I would not let myself cough for fear that the rib would pop back out of place. She also suspected my electrolytes and potassium were low from all the vomiting.

She gave me an antibiotic, steroid, and muscle relaxer and told me if I wasn't feeling better by Monday and substantially better by Friday to come back.

The muscle relaxer basically knocks me unconscious for 3 hours and then I spend the next 5 hours staring at the clock waiting to take more. I've tried splitting it and taking it every 4 hours. That didn't work either. I called the doctors office as soon as they opened this morning to see if I could get a different muscle relaxer but I had to leave a message and surprise surprise they haven't called back.

To top all this off Aunt Flo decided to visit two days early so now I also have killer cramps.

So here I sit. Staring at my totally destroyed house. Wondering how in the world I'm going to get it ready for DD's birthday in the next 12 days. How I'm even going to function while my DH is gone on his
business trip. Feeling terrible because I can't pick up or play with my kids.

Update:
Well I got a new muscle relaxer. It's been two hours since I took it and I have some relief but not a lot. Plus in the meantime I had terrible spasms that pulled my rib back out of place. I feel like a train hit me. Ugh this sucks!

This steroid is not helping they always give me horrible mood swings. Unfortunately the doctor said if I didn't take it I would land myself in the ER.

I just needed to vent. If you made it through all this thanks for listening.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MamaBloom777
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:30 PM

:(  I'm sorry you feel so crappy, Mama!  That can't be easy.  Let your house be a mess...just do what you can do.  Don't worry about DD's birthday just yet....a lot can happen in 12 days, give yourself a few days to let some of the medicine work & then see how you feel.  The antibiotic will help with the sinus infection & the steroid with the pnemonia.  Hopefuly after a coupld days of those 2, the coughing or need to cough will surpress a little making your rib hurt less. 

deenakate
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I agree.. completely.

dk

Quoting MamaBloom777:

:(  I'm sorry you feel so crappy, Mama!  That can't be easy.  Let your house be a mess...just do what you can do.  Don't worry about DD's birthday just yet....a lot can happen in 12 days, give yourself a few days to let some of the medicine work & then see how you feel.  The antibiotic will help with the sinus infection & the steroid with the pnemonia.  Hopefuly after a coupld days of those 2, the coughing or need to cough will surpress a little making your rib hurt less. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I just know that in a year, or even six months you will look back on this time and say to yourself 'well, I managed'. Chin up!

CMcLaws
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I'm so, so sorry Mama!! I can't imagine how you much be feeling right now. I wish there was a way I could help you! *Hugs* 

staceyjoy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Thanks everybody. I'm just having a hard time fighting off my inner mommy that just wants to go like gangbusters and knock this all off my list.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Purtyred
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Sorry you're having such a rough time. I've had a rib pulled out of place before and know how you feel...I thought my lung was punctured it was so hard to breath!!!

How old are your kids? Can they help you?

I really hope that you get to feeling better soon!

staceyjoy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM
You're absolutely right. I went through the exact same thing 3 years ago and when I look back on it then it doesn't seem like it was this bad.

On the plus side I've lost 15 lbs. I don't want to lose it that way ever again but it's a nice jumpstart on my diet.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici:

I just know that in a year, or even six months you will look back on this time and say to yourself 'well, I managed'. Chin up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staceyjoy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:43 PM
They're 4 and almost 2. My 4 year old has been amazing. My 2 year old is mad because I can't pick her up and play. She's not helping at this point. Lol

Quoting Purtyred:

Sorry you're having such a rough time. I've had a rib pulled out of place before and know how you feel...I thought my lung was punctured it was so hard to breath!!!

How old are your kids? Can they help you?

I really hope that you get to feeling better soon!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
staceyjoy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:01 PM
Bump for update.
Apologies it's kind of in the middle of the OP but I'm mobile.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)