Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! (Sex question)

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM
  • 26 Replies

I need some advice. Hubby and I don't have the best sex life and it's mostly my fault. I have a drive however every night about 8pm I'm so tired I don't want to do anything but go to bed. We also have 3 kids. 2 of which are asleep by 8:30 but my 4yo daughter is an insomniac. She can stay up until midnight every night. And that's with no nap and laying in her bed staring at the ceiling talking to herself. I have hypothyroidism, PCOS and endometriosis and am on several meds. I made an appt with my OB but are there any natural ways to help give me a little energy? I've tried caffeine, caffeine pills, 5 hour energy (extra strength) and nothing has worked. I work full time and also go to school 2 nights a week and on Saturday. My 2 4yo's are both Autistic and very demanding. So it's like I'm literally worn out. I try to stay up with him but I'm sure its no fun doing anything with a zombie.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:32 PM

nope. im hypo as well and theres NOTHINg, except for crack maybe, that will help us..lol

MeandB
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Have you tried getting up a half hour earlier? setting your alarm and both of you getting up and getting freshened up then going at it? lol. You have to make time to get back into it and it will feel like work at first but they suggest doing it every day as many days in a row as you can(preferably 30 at least) to get back into the intimacy. Its hard for me too. but he's the one with a low libido so mine takes a huge drop as well. we can go for a month without (have gone longer)

anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I will have to give this a try. I feel so bad for him.

Quoting MeandB:

Have you tried getting up a half hour earlier? setting your alarm and both of you getting up and getting freshened up then going at it? lol. You have to make time to get back into it and it will feel like work at first but they suggest doing it every day as many days in a row as you can(preferably 30 at least) to get back into the intimacy. Its hard for me too. but he's the one with a low libido so mine takes a huge drop as well. we can go for a month without (have gone longer)

Fairegirl33
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM
How about a nice middle of the night wakeup call ?
Elayna90
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM
Me and my dh had the same problem except in reverse. What if you laid down and you hubby stayed up while you took a nap?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:39 PM
I don't really know of anything that would help, but the caffeine is NOT a good idea because it makes you crash at the end of the day...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Once I fall asleep I'm out until I hear the alarm. I'm really cranky if I get woken up.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

How about a nice middle of the night wakeup call ?

anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Then I would feel bad bc he's having to take care of the kids

Quoting Elayna90:

Me and my dh had the same problem except in reverse. What if you laid down and you hubby stayed up while you took a nap?

Elayna90
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Put down the two at 830 and then you lay down for an hour or so. Just enough to get a little rest and don't feel bad. It's not like you are asking him to stay up all night with them.

Quoting anna_mccall:

Quoting Elayna90:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anna_mccall
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM

True. I'm also going to talk to my daughter's ped about something to help her. She's been an insomniac since she was a baby. It's really frustrating sometimes.

Quoting Elayna90:

Put down the two at 830 and then you lay down for an hour or so. Just enough to get a little rest and don't feel bad. It's not like you are asking him to stay up all night with them.

Quoting anna_mccall:

Quoting Elayna90:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)