Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible to get daycare paid for while going to school?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM
  • 8 Replies

I really want to start going to school, I know I can get enough scholarships to pay for that part but I would need daycare for my twins (3 yrs) and we don't have that money so the only way I could do school is if I could get daycare paid for.  Is this even possible anyone know where I should start looking for information and scholarships??

I want to to either Pharmacy tech or Ultrasound tech.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommytoeandb
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I have no idea.  I would call one of the schools that has on site care.  GL!

azpreemiemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM

You can either take out a student loan or Pell grant might be enough to cover those expenses.

xxlilmomma09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Usually, your state has a daycare assistance program for those that are attending school full-time. It is based off the income of everyone in your household. Not sure if it is still available due to all the funding being cut.

sherriemorgan
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:11 PM

you can qualify for family living expenses through your loans. I do. I get about 2500 every 9 wks

SusanD
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Check out your college. A lot of them have information on daycare funding programs. There are also scholarships available, if you are fortunate enough to find one, that may cover child care costs. I would start by going through my college.
purplemoosemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Yes it is.  Check with your local unemployment agency and dhs.  They often work in conjunction with one another to offer those services. 

You can also contact the school you want to go to and find out if they have a program.  Try asking about a single parent program--those ppl often have knowledge about babysitting financing.  :)

angevil53
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Can I offer some advice? Call the pharmacies in your area and ask if they are hiring. My bff is one and they don't hire anyone out of a school. They train and certify them there, and she's worked for two places. That being said I know in mo you qualify for daycare assist if you are in school full time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilySerene
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM

In Kansas, SRS will pay for daycare for low income families.  School is one of the things they will pay daycare for (Community College or 4 year.  They didn't help for vocational, last time I checked).  All you have to do here, is apply (same building as food stamps and cash assistance); then prove the hours you are in school.  The majority of daycares around here do take SRS pay clients.  The money they give you is supplemental.  So, sometimes, you will end up paying out of pocket.  I accept SRS pay; but, both of the families I have in care were approved for full payments.  Good luck!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)