Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nostradamus and the Bible **long but interesting END OF THE WORLD related**

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM
  • 59 Replies

I've been watching on the History Channel (because I'm a nerd like that) and have found it very interesting. I've studied a little bit of Nostradamus in college but nothing that would be considered "intense study".

It got me thinking. There's talk about 2012 about the world ending and such. It "seems" as though his "predictions" weren't really predictions at all. I've read that he wanted them to be a guideline about how we can control our future, thus why people are sceptical. People feel "well, why if he saw it coming, why was it so vague, why couldn't we stop it?" Nostradamus experts claim that he meant the Quatrains to suggest "if we took it upon ourselves, we chould change/prevent what was indeed going to happen". 

Nostradamus has made a lot of Quatrains, as some may know; that have been interpreted as being "prophecies" and acurate. Of course, everything, including the Bible is always open for personal interpretation. 

I'd like to give an example:

" The blood of the just will be demanded of London,
Burnt by the fire in the year 66
The ancient Lady will fall from her high place
And many of the same sect will be killed   
(Century 2, Quatrain 51)
"

This Quatrain is in reference to the "Great London Fire of 1666" where 3/4 of the city was engulfed with flames.

Nostradamus believers interpret that Nostradamus accurately predicted it with the words "London, burnt by the fire in the year 66." Seems pretty accurate, correct? "The ancient Lady" meaning, London...."the same sect", meaning the people of London.

Now, here's where reading interpretation comes into play. A lot of you are shaking your head in a "wow, that's pretty creepy...." step out of that for a moment and re-read that as if you've never read the Quatrain before.

Skeptics of Nostradamus claim that he was nothing more than a modern day columnist, writing about the events of his day. This Quatrain from skeptics has been said that it's nothing more than what was happening in his time.

In Nostradamus' time there were "witches" being burned and killed by, you guessed it; FIRE! So break it down from a skeptics point-of-view.

"the blood of the just will be demanded in London........" (the blood of the just; meaning the witches. Will be demanded in London.......the townspeople demaning witches death.)

"Burnt by the fire in the year 66" (Nostradamus passed in the year 1566; potentially is the year he was suggesting)

"The ancient Lady will fall from her high place" (the witches will be burned at the stake)

"And many of the sect will be killed" (meaning many witches of the same will be killed).

You can interpret how ever you will......both ways can be accurate no matter what you believe.

So this leads me more into the "ending of days"

The Bible of course has passages about the End of Times. I know we've seen a bunch of these but allow me to point out again:

Matthew 24:23-25

23 At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24 that there would be false messiahs before his return and history has provided us with many examples.

Now, lets turn our attention back to Nostradamus. Nostradamus has concluded that there will be 3 "anti-christs'". The first is claimed to be Napolean, the second is claimed to be Hitler; which Nostradamus "refers" to as "Heister" and the third, well.......that's left up to interpretation if he has come yet. However, this is how it was written about the third, and final Anti-Christ.

"Out of the country of Greater Arabia Shall be born a strong master of Mohammed,
He will enter Europe wearing a blue turban.
He will be the terror of mankind.
Never more horror. "

He also has predicted the "year" that the invasion will lead us into the next third world war. Which could be coupled with the 9/11 tragedies and the "War Against Terror", there are a few Quatrains about this, feel free to look them up.

"In the year 1999 and seven months
From the sky will come the great King of Terror.
He will bring back to life the King of the Mongols;
Before and after war reigns."

As we already know, the war didn't start in 1999 but some say it was "set in motion" around this time and further more has eluded more and more "correct prophecies". Oddly enough Nostradmaus has predicted how long this war will last.....

27 years.

Here is where I begin to really pay attention to things.

The Bible suggests of massive tradegies for the end of times; again, look how very close the two subjects are.  Pay attention to both of the ones in red primarly

Matthew 24:29-31:

29 "Immediately after the distress of those days " 'the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'

30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory

Matthew 24:21-22:

21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

Matthew 24:7

For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes.

Here is Nostradamus' Quatrains in the similar:

The great star for seven days will burn,
The cloud will make two suns appear:
The great mastiff will be all night howling,
When the great pontiff changes his land.
(Century 2, Quatrain 41)

With the eluding 2012 coming up soon, people have suggested with the Myan calendar and the Biblical prophacies that the world is coming to an end. The Bible also suggests that we will not know when exactly, God will make his presence but also with this Quatrain it's suggested the "last Anti-Christ" would be the following:

Century II, Quatrain 62
Mabus then will soon die, there will come
Of people and beasts a horrible rout:
Then suddenly one will see vengeance,
Hundred, hand, thirst, hunger when the comet will run

The reason why this particular Quatrain is viable is because experts looks for ancecdotes and "Mabus" has been interpreted a couple different ways......again, please interpret as you will!

OsaMABUSH (of course you see the "Osama and the Bush" names in there another one that I've read was this, and I'm sure you ladies can figure it out)

OBAmabusH (You see OBAMA and BUSH)......interesting none-the-less

Nostradamus has also "predicted" the end of times to be 3786, rather than 2012.

So how in the world can we be off by over 1000 years time? How can Nostradamus and the Bible be soooo close, yet what we're believing today is that 2012 is doomsday? How are we that off? Or was Nostradamus off, or is the Bible off? Or are we all off our rocker?

**So now that I've given you that WEATH of knowledge; it's time for the debate. What do you ladies think?**

CLICK THE PICTURE!!!!!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissLeanna
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:13 PM

He predicted hitler lol

paigesmommy5264
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:15 PM

im only commenting so I can keep track of the thread... very interesting...

3gr8tKids
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:17 PM

I love and read up on this ..  however I also love ancient alien theorists + the Mayan calendar theory.

BizzE
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I have read books on him and have seen specials on tv about him.

I think its very interesting. But some say people just look for coincidences to say that he predicted certain evens like hitler and 9/11

Quoting MissLeanna:

He predicted hitler lol

View Image

Albinism is beautiful

activitymode
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM
Interesting. I do not believe 2012 if the end of times. I do believe mankind will wipe itself out in this century. Whatever that may be with, however my guess would be biological warfare versus nuclear war.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3gr8tKids
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:23 PM

BUMP!

MissLeanna
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Well, ya, but they also say he predicted Hitler because Hister and itler are similiar. As  for the actual truth nobody will ever really know.

Quoting BizzE:

I think its very interesting. But some say people just look for coincidences to say that he predicted certain evens like hitler and 9/11

Quoting MissLeanna:

He predicted hitler lol

pregnancy calendar

Mommy2519
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:32 PM

interesting...im not sure what will happen though..

anikahaynes1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:36 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chaotic_Rayne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:38 PM

There is a river called Hister.
OP, I am interested in Nostradamus and his writings.... but I don't see any truth in them, but he is right on "what could happen"
I will read the entire article later :)

Quoting MissLeanna:

Well, ya, but they also say he predicted Hitler because Hister and itler are similiar. As  for the actual truth nobody will ever really know.

Quoting BizzE:

Quoting MissLeanna:

He predicted hitler lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)