Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have an electric fence?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM
  • 15 Replies

I am hoping some of you might have en electric fence installed.

We are planning on getting one. I am so dang excited we have 3 dogs and a 15 months in the house I need some peace lol I do take them out a lot but not enough.

If you have a fence how did you get them use to it?

How long did it take?

What did you do so they did not get zapped all the time?

Did you have to be out with then the entire time?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:40 PM

BUMP cuz I'd like to know if they work too! I have larger dogs and I doubt something like that would stop them!

stevens_mom2008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM

we have one but it's not up yet, our friend who's dogs we're watching had one up and he said that the dogs walked up to it once or twice then never again lol 

Momof2Stepof3
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM

We don't have one but we will be installing one once we have our land. 

jeskaM
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Ive had the fence for 3 years and my dog never got out of the yard when the fence was turned on. It took about 5 minutes to train him and I can leave him outside all day. The dog will quickly learn where he can and cannot go

xxxAthena
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:44 PM

LOL if you have an electric fence then they will learn not to get near it on their own. i had two rottweilers growing up and it worked on the perfectly. i have been shocked by it before and it wasn't pleasant but it wasnt an immense amount of pain...it felt more like someonehit me with a big stick than zapping like electric static is. i would only worry about being outside when your kid is out there.

Pudge_Pie20
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM

We tried it with my dog, but Houdini (yes, that's his name, he sure as hell earns it, his latest trick is he figured out how to open doors in the house by jumping up and pulling down with his front paws) was smart enough that he soon realized if he just bolted over the line really fast he'd get zapped and be done with it.

But he's calmed down and we moved out to 7 acres so now I just open the door and he sticks around the house until he's ready to come in.

carterscutie85
by *Shanny's Stalker* on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM

bump

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

we dont have one but I swear if we move to a neighborhood with bratty kids I will put one in. And no warnings will be posted

madwifa
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM

lol tks for the replies.

We are putting it on a area way back near the property line and is like there heaven they will dick around there for hours. As for the kids they so far will not wonder there lol on the ganstas who like to jump the fence and cut through guess it might curb them.

That is one reason we are needing one the  cut throuhers  tore the fence done so they could walk from one neighborhood to the next. lol now I make sure the poop is right under the broken fence so they step in it. hahah

daughterofearth
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:22 PM

all our electric fencing is for the cows. it is not a strong jolt of electricity, more of a fuzzy buzz...i do not recommend peeing on one though....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)