Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know i shouldnt be upset but i am

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM
  • 7 Replies
friday night my mom called to ask if dh could take her to work the next day. i told her i would ask him after he got off work. she has 2 cars & she wrecked one so she was getting a rental saturday morning but they didnt open til 9 & she had to be at work at 9, & her other car needed to be put in the shop. dh didnt wake up early enough to take her so she took her truck. i asked to borrow the truck mon & tues since my car broke down & i dont know how to drive standard & dh car is standard. she said no cuz it was messing up. fine no problem right. well this morning i call her & my sister answers & they are at the rental place picking up moms rental. i ask where mom was leaving the truck & my sister said im using it since it wastes less gas than her brand new, truck. i said okay bye & hung up.

im upset because i have to walk to and from my kids school 2x a day & im pg & dr said to take it easy. not moms responsibility to help me but it hurts that she lent her the truck bc hers wastes more gas but tells me no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:23 PM

I would be a little bit hurt , i wont lie.

How far do you have to walk ?

Does your sister need a vehicle for work purposes?

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Sounds like she told you no because your husband didn't take her to her job. It wasn't your husbands responsablity to get up and take her to her job either.....She should just come out and tell you why she said no other than making up a story than letting someone else use it.

When do you get your car fixed?

TarotMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:30 PM
Ask your sis if you can use her vehicle. I wouldn't mention anything about asking mom about the truck first. Although my feelings would be hurt too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM
The kids school is a 20min walk each way. so its an hr and 20min walk. my sister dont work so she is just using the truck to drive around and drop her kids off at daycare so she can go out with her friends

Quoting Lanie_momofone:

I would be a little bit hurt , i wont lie.

How far do you have to walk ?

Does your sister need a vehicle for work purposes?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM
Hopefully dh has off wednesday and he will be fixing it then. dh didnt take her to work because he needed his sleep he works 12hr shifts and gets little to no sleep so when he goes in late he sleeps late. she knows that too. she has always jumped through fire to do things for my sister but bitches if i ask her to watch my kids for 2hrs so i can go to the dr. its fine, she can act that way but when my sister goes back to treating my mom like shit i dont want her coming crying about it to me, all i will say is i told you so.

Quoting lil_Army_Wife05:

Sounds like she told you no because your husband didn't take her to her job. It wasn't your husbands responsablity to get up and take her to her job either.....She should just come out and tell you why she said no other than making up a story than letting someone else use it.

When do you get your car fixed?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
khall83567
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:46 PM

that sucks, i would be a little upset too..

sadeyez11
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:48 PM
I vowed to never ask that sister for help again when she told me off, called the cops on me for going to her house to pick up something, threw my kids clothes out in her front lawn, ditched me over and over to hang with her friends, asked me constantly to watch her kids and expect it then get mad the times i couldnt, then say no when i asked her to watch mine so i could go to the dr when i was profusely bleeding after a normal period. never again will i ask for her help.

Quoting TarotMommy:

Ask your sis if you can use her vehicle. I wouldn't mention anything about asking mom about the truck first. Although my feelings would be hurt too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)