Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I could possibly have cancer and you want me to WAIT!?!?!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
About a month ago I woke up and couldn't move my neck to the right. Went to mulitiple doctors who did X-rays, 3 different possibilities. Finally, I was told it was arthritis. We did X-rays and blood work. Last time I was there the lab hadn't sent back my blood work. I went in today and my lab work came in. Part of the results showed one of my blood levels was too high, when they are too high it's signs of some inflammation, infection in your blood, or cancer. He wants me to go back in to make sure it wasn't a lab error, then come back in a month! Why would you make someone wait!?!?!?! This is beyond frustrating!
Oh and the best part, we drove 2 hours for a 10 minute visit. Fun fun stuff!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deenakate
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM

If your doctor thought it was cancer he would have you come in right away, with the xrays being negative for tumors, makes me believe that your doctor isnt thinking in that direction.

Arthritis causes inflamation, and if your lab work is showing possible inflamation, the doctor is quite possibly waiting for your values to go up or down.

If I had these type of questions, I would call my dr's office and ask for the doctor to call you back, it would be better to ask him/her rather than speculate.

 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM

hugsI hope everything is ok!

CallieLynsMommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Exactly. If you don't feel comfortable, call or get another opinion. Have your bloodwork sent to another doctor.


Quoting deenakate:

If your doctor thought it was cancer he would have you come in right away, with the xrays being negative for tumors, makes me believe that your doctor isnt thinking in that direction.


Arthritis causes inflamation, and if your lab work is showing possible inflamation, the doctor is quite possibly waiting for your values to go up or down.


If I had these type of questions, I would call my dr's office and ask for the doctor to call you back, it would be better to ask him/her rather than speculate.


 


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScorpionMomof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM
it would bother me too....A LOT...hearing the C word would scare the HELL out of anybody...call the doctor and see if they can schedule the appt earlier, tell them how you feel and see what they say...its better to communicate your thoughts and feelings towards the people who can actually make a change, venting helps but does nothing in the long run....good luck :O)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rhyne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:29 PM
I'm calling my OBGYN tomorrow morning. I trust him more than any other doctor and I'm still pretty freaked out.


Quoting CallieLynsMommy:

Exactly. If you don't feel comfortable, call or get another opinion. Have your bloodwork sent to another doctor.




Quoting deenakate:

If your doctor thought it was cancer he would have you come in right away, with the xrays being negative for tumors, makes me believe that your doctor isnt thinking in that direction.



Arthritis causes inflamation, and if your lab work is showing possible inflamation, the doctor is quite possibly waiting for your values to go up or down.



If I had these type of questions, I would call my dr's office and ask for the doctor to call you back, it would be better to ask him/her rather than speculate.



 



Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.kk.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM

They wouldn't wait a month to give you the lab results, though.

Satiblue
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:38 PM

arghhhh I would be going nuts, waiting a month? that seems almost cruel to have mentioned cancer as a possability! so sorry you are going through this

Rhyne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:42 PM
Hopefully not, I waited 2 weeks for him to tell me what he told me today. They called on the 15th saying they wanted to do an MRI, I called almost everyday last week and he told me today they found out last week my insurance denied the MRI.


Quoting .kk.:

They wouldn't wait a month to give you the lab results, though.


Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)