Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents barricade naked children in room covered in feces, urine

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM
  • 20 Replies

--This is so damn disturbing someone needs to do that to them.

A Bristow couple has been charged with nailing drywall over a bedroom door, trapping their infant, toddler and 4-year-old inside, police said.

The 4-year-old girl was able to climb over the 5-foot high drywall sheet in the family's home in the 12175 Loft Court off Saybrooke Drive and run to a neighbor's for help Saturday night.

The neighbor then came to the house and took all three girls -- a 4-month-old, 2-year-old old and the 4-year-old -- to her house and called 911 about 9:15 p.m., said Prince William County police spokesman Jonathan Perok.

Police found the bedroom covered in feces and urine, he said. The children were put inside the room without clothes and the drywall sheet was nailed over the door, Perok said.

The children's parents -- 33-year-old John Michael Robey and 26-year-old Christina Dawn Moore -- are charged with three counts of felony child abuse and three counts of child neglect, Perok said. Both are being held without bond at the Prince William-Manassas regional jail after an initial court appearance Monday.

The children were turned over to Child Protective Services, Perok said.

He said it appears the children were left in the bedroom for less than a day and they did not appear to suffer signs of malnutrition. Police are investigated whether physical abuse was involved.

In June 2005, Christina Moore was charged with felony child neglect after her twin 22-month-old boys were found walking alone near the Prince William County Landfill off Dumfries Road.

Police said Moore fell asleep in a camping trailer, where she was apparently staying with the boys.

Someone saw the two children walking barefoot and wearing only diapers around 8 a.m. that morning and contacted police, who found the mother asleep in the camper in the 14800 block of Dumfries Road.

The twins were turned over to Child Protective Services after that incident, too. The outcome of the case was unknown Monday, but police said the only children in the Loft Court home this weekend were the three girls.

Neighbors in the Villages at Saybrooke community didn't want to talk about the incident on Monday evening. The house where Moore and Robey live was purchased by Stephen Moore for $225,000, according to Prince William County land records. It was assessed at $346,000.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x3.babymama.x3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Poor babies! :-(

khall83567
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

thats disgusting....why?

jaylahmicah
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:30 PM

BUMP!

iamcafemom83
by Rah-Rah on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Poor kid's.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasbabies77
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:32 PM
why? just why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JBDslittlemam08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Why in the hell would the barricade a freaking door unless they intended on keeping them there permanently......I say it's attempted homicide in the 1st.

jaylahmicah
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:34 PM

the parents are supid thats why...thats a nice way to put it

redhead-bedhead

I just had to hug my 3 1/2 year old. I could never imagine her having to run for help for her and her baby sister.

I really hope they go to prison and are stripped of their parental rights. 

I mean what kind of POS walls their kids in a room? If they didn't want those precious babies then they should have turned them over to someone who would take care of them. 

redhead-bedhead

Yes this.

Quoting JBDslittlemam08:

Why in the hell would the barricade a freaking door unless they intended on keeping them there permanently......I say it's attempted homicide in the 1st.

amandamarielee
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Poor babies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)