Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 10 year old niece reads James Patterson. with edit geez

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM
  • 57 Replies

I  was reading books like Nancy Drew at her age lol and Sweet Valley Twins.

I am not bashing my niece or my sister for allowing her to read the books. I am saying this because I am proud of her reading skills. This may be cafemom but we are not all dramatic.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LCWAmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I was reading stephen king

as long as her parents approve whats the big deal??

momofnhimai
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM

i read his books.  it has a lot of curse words and violence scene.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:06 PM

I was an advanced reader too and would read similar things around that age. I actually read a book about how to stop smoking(my dad smoked then) so that I could have a discusion with him about it. I read tons of books

tickled_pink09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Where did I say anything about it being a big deal--in a sense that I was upset. I made a comparison between what I was reading at what she reads. I said lol so obviously I am not upset about anything.

It may be cafemom but not everyone is dramatic.

Ohiomomto2

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.  When I was that age I wanted to read stuff like that and was allowed.  My reading level was way above my age group, and books for my age group were boring, and I was done with them in minutes!

Pudge_Pie20

Quoting LCWAmommy:

I was too! I had read everything Stephen King had ever written (at that time) by the time I was 13! Even younger then that I was reading goosebumps.

Honestly, as long as her parents approve I'd be impressed with her reading skills to be able to read a novel like that!

.k.e.l.l.i.e.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Awesome! Geez wonder what she'll be reading when she's our age!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tickled_pink09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:08 PM

I was actually at a higher reading level but never thought to pick up anything other than what was in my age group.

LCWAmommy
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Quoting othermom:

I was an advanced reader too and would read similar things around that age. I actually read a book about how to stop smoking(my dad smoked then) so that I could have a discusion with him about it. I read tons of books

I'm glad I'm not the only one I had to get a note from my mom saying it was ok for me to read IT for my book report LOL My 12 year old is an advanced reader too she shares books with me all the time I try to read them first though she read the twilight series in 5th grade (10 years old for her)

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:09 PM
I read him... wouldn't let my 10 yo read them... its great her reading level is so high for her age
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)