Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF is wrong with some parents!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

I know I have posted about this mom at least once but I generally just try and keep my kids away from this family. I swear these kids just come down here to play my sons toys and bikes because their mom is to cheap and/or lazy to get them their own.

Anyways, on to the point of the thread. It is cold and just nasty outside today, however, hubby is working on his truck and the boys wanted to outside and play. Ok fine just make sure you have your jackets and shoes on.

Well of course they see my kids out and come running to play. I end up having to go outside and tell her kids that we don't throw things at people and I notice it.....One boy has no jacket, shoes on and he is wearing a short sleeve shirt. The other one is just in shorts and a t-shirts but carrying a jacket with him and no shoes. The one is shorts was already hacking up a storm.

Now this mother lives in a disgusting mess (I went down there once when he daughter kicked my son in the testicles). Boxes and shit everywhere, pathes through her trailer for walking, cans galore all over her yard, and at one point she had several cats over there that have all disappeared. But get this she lives like that but I have never seen her dressed that way and she drives a really nice new car but can't get toys for her kids and has them ill dressed for the weather.

I have thought about calling CPS but 1: will they really do anything and 2: do I want a neighbor that close to me making my life hell.

Oh and in the summer she only cuts her grass like once or twice. I do mine at least once a week.

God I can't wait to move farther into the country where neighbors are fewer and far in between!

Thank you TheGreatCthulhu for the siggy!!!!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Allebas
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM

WOW!!! She sounds like she cares MORE about HERSELF than she does her own kids!!!! I don't know if CPS would do anything or not. Sorry I don't have better advice for ya. POOR KIDS!!

kdpeterson
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:21 PM

You could always just make a annoymous call to CPS. Those kids need to have clothing and if the mom isn't willing to do it maybe you could give the kids clothes that yours have outgrown.. 

M.I.A...P.O.W
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM

I don't have any. They are about the size of my youngest and I don't have enough to clothe them.

Quoting kdpeterson:

You could always just make a annoymous call to CPS. Those kids need to have clothing and if the mom isn't willing to do it maybe you could give the kids clothes that yours have outgrown.. 

livyla
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I love living in the country  and i have a gate,  no one can just come over as they please,   they have to call first and/or  wait at the gate to see if i will  buzz them in...lol

MamaGreenBean
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Put your big girl pants on and tell the mother to keep her children away from your children and their toys.

Problem solved, next.

MommyFlood
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM
That's so sad :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kristen1010
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM
If you really believe those children are not being well taken care of (no warm clothes, lack of food, etc) you should report her. Let CPS make the decision. If you don't do anything and something really bad happens - you'll never forgive yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M.I.A...P.O.W
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Trust me I know. I do wonder why her family has not stepped in.

Quoting Kristen1010:

If you really believe those children are not being well taken care of (no warm clothes, lack of food, etc) you should report her. Let CPS make the decision. If you don't do anything and something really bad happens - you'll never forgive yourself.

BizzE
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Maybe she isnt to lazy or cheap to buy her kids toys? Perhaps she cant afford it.

M.I.A...P.O.W
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM

But yet she can afford a practically new car? Really?

Quoting BizzE:

Maybe she isnt to lazy or cheap to buy her kids toys? Perhaps she cant afford it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)