Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ferrets!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM
  • 56 Replies

Do you have one?

Do you have any other pets? Do they get along?

What are some of the basics I need to know before getting one?

How much on average per month do you spend for all it's needs?

My daughter has been asking for one, and her birthday is coming up. I want to hear from people, not just websites and books, what it takes to care for one.

I don't know A THING about them. I don't even know what kind of food they eat. LOL

(Sorry to post and run, but my kids are about to get off school. I'll be back later. )

Please bump if you will. Thanks!

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotUrMama72
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Bumping for info too! :) Hubby and I want to get two soon! 

totalbitch8604
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

We have one! We got him back in December when he was 11weeks old. We were in a pet store and he kept crawling up on my husband's arm and wanted to lay on his arm he did not want to be put back down, he tugged on my hubby's heartstrings and needless to say over $300 later we took him home that night! We paid $169 for him, $99 for his cage that was on sale, then food and snacks! He loves to run around our living room and play. We have a pit bull that he literally crawls all over and plays with! He loves to take a warm bath and is litter box trained! here is a couple of pics of our Ollie!

TruCowboysFan
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM
He's so cute. :)

Quoting totalbitch8604:

We have one! We got him back in December when he was 11weeks old. We were in a pet store and he kept crawling up on my husband's arm and wanted to lay on his arm he did not want to be put back down, he tugged on my hubby's heartstrings and needless to say over $300 later we took him home that night! We paid $169 for him, $99 for his cage that was on sale, then food and snacks! He loves to run around our living room and play. We have a pit bull that he literally crawls all over and plays with! He loves to take a warm bath and is litter box trained! here is a couple of pics of our Ollie!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FaceYourFears
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Awwwwwww

Quoting totalbitch8604:

totalbitch8604
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Thanks! Yeah he's already been fixed and descented!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Awe, he's cute bitch! :) LOL I just had to say that!

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:59 PM

B.U.M.P.

ryantylersmom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM

We have one. We've had her for about 4 yrs now. She cost $100 and her cage was $75 on sale. Ferrets need to run around and mine is super hyper when she's not in her cage. She's super sweet and our 3 year old has grown up w/ her. She steals anything rubbery and stashes them in her hiding spots. I've caught her running through the house with a pacifier in her mouth on her way to her stash. She likes Cheerios as a snack. She eats Meow Mix cat food. The vet said it's fine to give her those. She likes running around outside in the summer when we're outside. We have a dryer hose for her to run through and she sleeps in a pillow case.

MyraEllen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:25 PM
I had a ferret years ago, I adored him and miss him so much! (He got old and passed away.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kimsamomof3
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I don't have one and never have. My sister had one at her house. The house stunk really bad. It was decented and everything. I don't know if she just didnt clean up after it or what.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)