Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just about walked off my job today

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM
  • 8 Replies

I got a call from my daughter's daycare today, they said had been complaining about her stomach hurting all morning, and needed to come home now because while all the other kids were playing she was sitting doubled over in a chair and crying. They will NOT give children non-prescription medicine for any reason even with parent's consent.

I tried calling everyone I could think of and none of them were available, with legitimate reasons why not. This was at 11 am, he tried to tell me I had to stay until the next person came in at 1 pm. Fuck that, I am not letting my daughter sit for 2 hours crying doubled over in pain.

My mom ended up calling my stepdad and working it out so that he went into work a little late, she got off work a little early, and they switched off watching her for me.

I am so pissed at my boss, I have the best attendance record of everyone there, a fact he even mentioned at my last review but he can't work with me when my daughter is in pain? Complete Bullshit.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
conweis
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

He sounds like a complete ass and a lot of times the boss will fuck over their best worker.

Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM
I feel you. I'm at the point where I come in and do my job but don't speak unless spoken to. They don't know I have an interview tomorrow :) good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Its was an emergency and should have been handled as one. How is your dd? what was wrong with her? Sorry your boss handled it badly.

JBDslittlemam08
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM
Bosses don't care. I hope DD is feeling better!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1boy1girlmama
by *Sarcasm Speaks* on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Quoting conweis:

He sounds like a complete ass and a lot of times the boss will fuck over their best worker.

**Formerly Keegansmama05** Loving Mama to Keegz & Nikki**bouncing mom

DIStickers.com Ticker

deenakate
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM

It sucks when they dont understand... I would say someone in the past ruined it for everyone.

dk

mrsjksimmons
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Oh I can beat you on that one. I about cold cocked this one lady who isn't even my boss (for the most part). I think it was a crappy day all around for working.

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM

How is your daughter feeling now? Me,I would have left anyways.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)