Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am freaking out! there is no way in hell i can go through losing everything again!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM
  • 6 Replies

3 1/2 yrs ago , i ended up getting bedbugs and losing EVERYTHING. The landlord there was not taking care of the problem properly , even though i was.

Me and DD slept on air mattress's for 5 months, before i could move out of there and when i did move....i left with ONLY 5 blue totes with papers and clothes in them.

And now ...my next door neighbor, who has a house that smells like rotting B.O. , has bedbugs.

Thankfully my landlord gave me a heads up that i should be preventing for bedbugs, and i have filled out a work sheet order to get sprayed when he does.

So far i have taken all my dressers away from the wall, the biggest thing? The adjoining walls are his living room and my DD's bedroom!! Where ALL of our clothing is!

So i am in the process of vacuuming, going through things that i have not worn and throwing them out , and so if i do get them...its not going to cost me a lot of money to have to wash the clothes as apposed to washing ALL of the clothing that we have now.

I just wish that this guy would have TOLD me that he had them, so i could have started earlier! But obviously ...where i would have told him, he does not have the same thought process......UUGGGHHHH

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

ewww   will the lanlord reimburse you for costs incurred? or does renters insurance?

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Sorry momma!!!

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Luckily i dont have to pay for the apartment to be sprayed, the landlords do that. But if i did lose anything , like my bed...my tenant insurance wouldnt pay for it , and neither would my landlord...i would have to pay for that out of pocket.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

ewww   will the lanlord reimburse you for costs incurred? or does renters insurance?

deenakate
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Man this sucks...

dk

Lanie_momofone
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Me and my SO have been cleaning DD"s room like mad! I threw out one big industrial garbage bag of clothes, plus 2 normal garbage bags (yes, i was holding onto A LOT of clothes incase i lost the weight).

I have thrown out a wack of things that DD just doesnt play with anymore, we have vacuumed EVERYTHING in her room...

Tomorrow is the day that i work on the rest of the apartment...its time's like these that i am happy i live in a one bedroom!

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Hugs..Never experienced bedbugs..knock on wood..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)