Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need you HELP!!! w. poll

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM
  • 27 Replies

Poll

Question: Should i go to the wedding or to see my brother?

Options:

See my Brother

Go to the Wedding

Other.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 41

View Results

So long story short,

My brother who i havent seen in 3 years is going to be about 8 hours away from where im at in May. So i was going to drive down and spend the weekend with him.

My problem is before i found out he was coming we planned on going to my husbands friends wedding..my husband will be the best man and my daughter one of the flower girls.  Remember one of..theres like 5. 

***EDIT**** The groom has also told me that i will be sitting by myself bc my daughter and husband will be at the table with the wedding party. He also told me that i wont be able to dance with my husband bc he has to dance with the MOH. I dont know anyone else going to the wedding.

Im so tore up because i know i should be going to the wedding..i cant stand the groom he lie cheats and steals. Literally all those. but i have no idea when i will see my brother again. He hasnt seen my daughter since she was 3 months old..and shes going to be 4.

PLEASSSEEE what should i do!?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Forget-me-not
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:38 PM
Brother, hands down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2torandis
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:41 PM

any possible way for both to get done?

SunShineMoMM
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I thought about it, but no possible way because the wedding is in the evening on saturday. My brother leaves to go back to NY on sunday evening, i wouldnt get there in time to see him before he leaves.

Quoting Mom2torandis:

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM

I would stick to the commitment I already made...... Especially since your family is already sceduled to be in the wedding party...... Why can't you visit your brother at another time? Or drive there after the wedding or the next day or day before....

crazynlove1207
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Its an 8 hour drive? Can you not leave after the wedding and switch up driving with your hubby? I guess me and my hubby are just used to accomidating everyone, because that would be our first thought.....

eta: or have your brother meet you half way????

Quoting SunShineMoMM:

I thought about it, but no possible way because the wedding is in the evening on saturday. My brother leaves to go back to NY on sunday evening, i wouldnt get there in time to see him before he leaves.

Quoting Mom2torandis:

Mom2torandis
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:44 PM

How about if you and your family go a day or two earlier than planned, visit with your brother then go to the wedding?

Quoting SunShineMoMM:

Quoting Mom2torandis:

SunShineMoMM
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I have class, and im doing clinicals so it would be impossible to miss that...

Quoting Mom2torandis:

How about if you and your family go a day or two earlier than planned, visit with your brother then go to the wedding?

Quoting SunShineMoMM:

Quoting Mom2torandis:

mom2_3blessings
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Brother all the way and take your daughter...i have never heard or been to the wedding where the best man cant dance with his wife WTF is that crap.....

Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM

first of all there is no reason to not dance with your DH. Every wedding I have been to has a group dance for the wedding party then they dance with their dates. 

SunShineMoMM
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM

I would love to visit my brother, the past 4 times i have gone to NY he wasnt there because he works for nascar so he is only home 2 or 3 days a week if that.

Quoting crazynlove1207:

I would stick to the commitment I already made...... Especially since your family is already sceduled to be in the wedding party...... Why can't you visit your brother at another time? Or drive there after the wedding or the next day or day before....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)