Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice about a friends wedding....

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM
  • 8 Replies

My friend Mike is getting married.  We have been friends for over 12 years.  There is this little group of us that get together when we can and we attend concerts and stuff like that.  I live 2 hours from him.  My DH doesn't mind our friendship and has always encouraged it.  I have on occasion fixed Mike up on dates and introduced him to women, hoping for a good match. None were.  We have always stayed in touch on a regular basis by phone and E-mail.  He listened to my crying when my best friend died, then my grandmother and I was there for him when his mom died.  Okay, here's the problem...He met this girl through an online dating service and they have lived together for a year now.  They are getting married next month.  I saw him a few days ago, and he said they were getting married and told me the date and she jumped in and informed me I was not invited!!  WTF??  For crying out loud, it's not like he's interested in me, I am in a power chair, I can't chase him if I wanted!!  lol  I have noticed he hasn't been joining the group as much as before, but he had a massive heart attach and had heart surgery.  He doesn't E-mail as much as before and every phone conversation is on speaker phone.  I talked to one of our other friends, who happens to be way prettier than me and single, and she was invited.....Should I send Mike a message and ask why I'm not invited, or leave it alone?  It is clear to me she don't want me near him, but why?  Half the muscles in my body are paralyzed....I'm no threat to her at all, however, I'm very wealthy...could that be it?  Oh, btw, our friend who was invited had to take back the gift she had bought them because the bride informed her they wanted cash only as a wedding gift....

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
spunky946
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM
I'd ask. Id want to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Quoting spunky946:

I'd ask. Id want to know.

ashthecat
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Wow. he actually loves this person? I would call, and ask. Obviously you're very close with this person. I would wanna know why you're growing apart.

Mrs.Roozen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:58 PM
no clue
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:07 PM
I would bring up how rude her comment sounded and ask why after 12 yrs of friendship and him being there for you. Such a point was made that you were not invited to celebrate something good in his life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jojomommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:10 PM

i would ask your friend why ?

Pudge_Pie20
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I'd ask! That's very unsettling that she's taking over his life like that

dalene66
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies.  I'm going to ask him why!!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)