Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I quit my job? Or not?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM
  • 16 Replies
First off let me tell you about my current job. Its horrendous. My supervisor is a bitch. When she is mad at someone then she is mad at tge whole world and she yells at me constantly. Anyways her and my coworker gang up on me and harass me about personal shit in my life. They tell me I shouldnt do things. Well I had to miss work one day because my daughter was sick(she has special needs) and I took her to the dr and they were griping because im a new mom and shouldnt take her to the dr. they have told me that I need to use protection and this and that. And since im only 21 I have alot to learn about sex and having sex 2-3 times a week is not normal, that having sex 2 times a day is. I am miserable everyday. I dont want to report them. I just want to get out of there. Not to mention I make 7.75 a thx m
hr and work over 40 hours and my SO works nights. Its to much for him to only get a hour or two of sleep at night.since he has to get up with her every morning. I got offered this otger jo b which I am going to take. I believe I will start monday. I need some time off before starting this other job so I can let my SO get some sleep. But I would have to quit my current job without notice. I dont really care about burning bridges because im never ever going back there. My new job will be making over 10 dollars a hr. So what should I do? Quit? Have some free time for a few days and let my SO get some sleep or bear with the job til I start my other one?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

no one can really tell u to quit your job only you can decide

Ivayla
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Report them, it's harrasment.

Pudge_Pie20
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:30 PM

never going back or not, they could still be contacted for refrences and you should never ever burn bridges

Sandyr911
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Id report them immediately and i would quit.  If you already have another job it wont hurt you now and if you list on an app later you quit, they can ask u why.

joshlor2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Walk away and don't look back
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauriemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:37 PM

How on earth do  they know how often you have sex??

motherbee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM

First off you should report them but i would wait until after you quit and report them to the better business bureau. what they are doing is harassment and chances are if they are doing it to you they are doing it to others as well.

You are the only one who can decide if it is worth quitting without notice though. do you need the money of the few days you have left before starting your new job ? Do you want to have to explain to future employers that you quit without notice ? Does a few days off and a chance for your husband to get some sleep mean more to you than the first two questions ? These are all things you should think about before deciding what to do but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Marah2008
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:38 PM
They already called them for my references. And all I have to put on a future app is that I quit for another job. Whuch isnt a lie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jemmy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Quoting Ivayla:

Report them, it's harrasment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauriemom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Quoting Lauriemom:

How on earth do  they know how often you have sex??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)