Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did any of you make your own wedding bouquet

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

I am thinking of doing the wedding flowers myself and am wondering how many of you also tried this? How did they turn out? Do you have any tips?

Thank you

View Image

This is what I would like mine to look like.

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gallery
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Yep.  Pretty simple really.  Just get the flowers you want and wrap the stems with green tape.  Good luck :)

NVL0707
by Baroness on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I made mine,12 roses and 4 calla lilies.I wrapped it with pearls and ribbon.which you cant see,ugh.sorry i don't have a better pic. 

hotrodlassie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Your dress and flowers are very pretty :-)

Quoting NVL0707:

I made mine,12 roses and 4 calla lilies.I wrapped it with pearls and ribbon.which you cant see,ugh.sorry i don't have a better pic. 

hotrodlassie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Quoting Gallery:

Yep.  Pretty simple really.  Just get the flowers you want and wrap the stems with green tape.  Good luck :)

That is what I was thinking. I can't believe how much florists want to make them.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM

My sister did it, for her and all the tables./ They turned out really nice! But I don't have a pic.

NVL0707
by Baroness on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Thank you!

Quoting hotrodlassie:

Your dress and flowers are very pretty :-)

Quoting NVL0707:

LA8YBUG
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Mine was very cool, my friend mixed real with silk and I threw the real and was able to keep the silk forever.  I still have it. Like one inside of the other.  They all looked real.

malissaL
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:43 PM

It's very easy.

I threaded floral wire through the stems just before where the green of the stems meet the bud. you push the wire straight through like this -------|--------(  with the "I" being the flower) and then fold the wire down so its flush with the stem and wrap with floral tape (this makes the flower VERY "poseable"

do it to all the flowers working fast and keeping them as cold as possible. once you have all your main flowers wrapped, put them together however it pleases you; if you like a real simple one, use all roses or tulips, if you want a bit of fullness try adding some greenery, or other flowers..once you have the bouquet you like, hold it tightly and wrap floral tape around the entire bunch of stems. trim to the desired length with wire snips. finish with a wide satin ribbin, first spun around the stems like you would wrap say, a mummy; than wrap a strip of ribbon from where the stems meet the buds on one side to the other. fold in the excess toward each other and secure with short, pearl head pins.. have fun!

Its my body and I'll do what I want to.

CMcLaws
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM
I did! I got red roses and baby's breath from the craft store and wrapped them with ribbon. I loved them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Damali0812
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:47 AM

nope bought mine at walmart in the wedding section

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)