Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

depressed

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am a stay at home mother and i have 3 children one of which has adhd. i recently moved from florida to washington state. I haven't met anyother moms or people for that matter that i can hang out with so i don't get out of the house very often, i am starting to feel very depressed and withdrawn. My home is starting to feel like a prison, is this normal or am i going crazy? Does anyone have any advice?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MrS.GiFFord
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Normal.

Army wife here and I feel like this often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mygirl2906
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:48 PM
Sorry im depressed as well :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jplumb
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Quoting mygirl2906:

Sorry im depressed as well :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midnight_storm
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM
I don't think your going crazy. Moves can be hard. I'm sorry your feeling depressed. How old are your kids? If they are in school you can meet other moms at school activities. Maybe even just getting out of the house with the kids, to a park or other kid friendly place would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkles115
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM
*hugs* sorry mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tammy606
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:43 PM

I have a 9 year old, 3 year old, and a year old. only one is in school the people here aren;t really friendly. My son is in baseball and im the youngest parent out there, the other parents don't say anything to me so i tend to kinda stay to myself cause they aren't very welcoming.

MixedCooke
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Target before 10am is like SAHM hangout!  I was there just this morning and I mean literally every person there was a woman with a child in the shopping cart!  LOL

Make a point to get out of the house at least 3 times a week.  Find local parks and go in the early morning hours and around 3pm after most children get out of school.  It is called cabin fever!  You need to get out of the house.  Try story times at the local libraries or just go and hang out at the childrens section in Barnes & Noble, etc.  I am sure Washington State has an apple orchard you can tour, etc. 

Do a local Mom search on the cafe Mom site and email them.

Satiblue
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Could you try maybe seeing if there are any parent groups in your area? maybe at the library or the YMCA, a church. where you can meet with other parents and while the children play you can have adult conversations?

Damali0812
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2011 at 3:48 AM

same here.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Normal.

Army wife here and I feel like this often.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)