Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how did you do it???

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM
  • 4 Replies

How do you deal with moving away from family?. My dh moved away from his sons and his family and friends so we could be together. Although he missed his sons like crazy, he was getting sick of ohio ,and  it didnt start bothering him until a two or three months ago.(we wanted to visit but we couldnt do it and i felt horrible). I asked him about it and he said itd be better for us in pretty much every way to move there. (we rent a 2bdr apartment for 500$ where we can rent to own a house there for the same price.) My moms going with us since my brothers going to college and none of us want her to be alone. All my other family were leaving in ct. my sister, nephew, aunt, cousins, stepdad and all his family. It just hurts i know this is whats best for my husband, daughters, mom and myself and i know its only an eight hour drive to visit but it still hurts. Weve always been close and it just sucks 

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I am only away from my sister and have always been away from most of my Aunts and cousins and am not that close with my sister.  it would be a different sotry if it were my Mother.

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM
It's not easy. I moved away from everyone to be with Dh. You get used to it eventually. Try to look at it in a positive light. It's an adventure and a better life for your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
art.diva
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Its just a part of my life...my dad is retired military, so staying in one place for more than 4 years is not the norm in my life.  I wish I could give you more advice or something though.  [[hugs]]

rachblue
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM
I'm 5hr away from my family and my inlaws. The thing that has been really pivotal for me was the friends I have made here. I would say join as many mommies groups & interest groups as you can in your new town. Other than that Skype or Google arr wonderful things to have!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)