Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

chores?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
How old are your kids and what chores do they have to do? Do you pay them? Do you dock their pay if they slack on their chores?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mom2torandis
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Ds is 9yo and he has to feed and water the dogs, and bring them in at night.  He also has to help with the dishes, and keep his room clean.
DD is 16yo and she has to help with the dishes, sweep and vacuum the floors, and keep her room clean.
Both the kids are supposed to help with laundry, and help keep the living room clean.

No they don't get paid, and more often then not I end up doing most of the chores in the house (except their rooms and the living room)

tryn2smile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:36 PM
My son just turned 6 and he makes his bed, takes out the garbage and keeps the sidewalk shoveled in the winter. He get $5 a week if his does them regularly, but I don't dock if he misses 1 or 2 things.
clowncar
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:41 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaydensMommy007
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:19 PM

My DD is 3, she has chores.

We use a behavior chart. She receives stickers for doing what needs to be done, which covers everything from chores to listening to being kind and courteous to using the potty etc etc.

I do not pay her for following the rules, but she does get in trouble if she chooses not to follow the rules.

As far as what kinds of chores she does...she helps make her bed in the morning, she picks up her toys, she sets the table, feeds the cat, cleans up any mess she makes, and takes out the bathroom trash(that last one was her choice. She wanted to help one day and now she wont let anyone else do it.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)