Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone fought a ticket?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM
  • 9 Replies
DH is going to court in the morning to fight a ticket. How does that work? There really isnt any thing he can bring to prove he didnt run the red light. How does he "prove" it when its his word against the officer?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
heatherhall29
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM

BUMP!

LiesLiesLies
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM

I usually get a lawyer. I have gotten plenty of tickets...none on my record. But mine are all speeding.

anikahaynes1
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Ive heard that a lot of times the officers dont even show up, thus he would then win the case...

MixedCooke
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

EVERY ONE OF THEM!  Oh, he shouldve hired a lawyer.  Maybe find something to prove that he wasnt in the area at the time the officer issued the ticket.  Analyze the ticket and make sure EVERYTHING he wrote is accurate--the date, time, location, his name spelled correctly, DOB is correct, license plate is correct and confirm he wrote the correct statute to fit the violation.

Pinkmankie
by Kelly on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Get a lawyer. 

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 PM

kinda OT but I saw something on tv the other day...there are cameras you can buy to put in your windshield wipers to help with situations like this. Unless someone was in the car its his word against the officers. sometimes the officers don't show up so fingers crossed for you. like pp said a lawyer is best route to go . gl!

Gallery
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

an officer needs to be present during court, but it most likely won't be the officer that issued the ticket.

I fought mine when I was 18.  Cop pulled me over for passing someone that was playing chicken with me and wouldn't let me back in my lane.  I almost hit head on with the cop.  When he pulled me over I was shaking and crying and demanding that he should've pulled the other asshole over for not allowing me back in my lane.  (I was issued a mandatory court date, and was told I was going to lose my license for a year for reckless endangerment with a vehicle and speeding in excess. )

I pleaded my case to the judge.  Standing there alone without a lawyer and reduced to tears because I was SOO SCARED.  The judge looked at the cop and asked if my story could possibly be true.  It happened to be the same cop that issued my ticket.  Cop just said, "well, yeah... it's possible".  My fine was reduced GREATLY. 

kurdi
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Hopefully the officer won't show up! They usually have you meet with the prosecutor first before going to trial. At that point you can show some sort of proof that you were in a hurry or that it wasn't you. That's how I got mine dismissed. :)

Mommy2_two
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Was the light not red or what?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)